Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Data Editing in Object-based portlets

• 1.  Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 20, 2014 06:18 PM

I was under the impression that data can be edited in portlets that are object based.

I created a portlet with the data provider as "Investment Rollup" object. However, I am unable to edit the Allocation % field.

Any thoughts on this ? Am I missing something ?

NJ

• 2.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 21, 2014 03:39 AM

Hi Navdeep,

I am not sure if you are missing out on this info. When you create the portlet from the object/sub-object, then within the 'Fields' sections, you can click on that particular attribute, which in your case is 'Allocation Percentage' and scroll down within that Properties Page, and mark the 'Allow Grid Editing' field to be true. So, when you click on that particular investment link on the portlet within the application side, you should be able to make changes to this attribute. Hope this helps.

Suhail.

• 3.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 21, 2014 10:24 AM

Thanks Suhail

I tried that but still, unable to edit it

NJ

• 4.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 22, 2014 04:58 AM

Hi Navdeep,

I've tried this myself and was not able to edit the 'Allocation Percentage' too. The only advisable thing is to individually go to that particular Project and within Team, click on the Properties icon beside the resource, and add a new 'Allocation Percentage' depending upon the Planned/Hard/Soft/Mixed Allocation types. I am sure you are aware of this.

Suhail.

• 5.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 22, 2014 05:47 AM

You are talking 'bout the resource allocation - "click on the Properties icon beside the resource, and add a new 'Allocation Percentage' depending upon the Planned/Hard/Soft/Mixed Allocation types. I am sure you are aware of this.". This can be done by creating a Team object based portlet

My concern is with the % allocation in investment hierarchy

NJ

• 6.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 22, 2014 06:12 AM

Okay Navdeep. I just came across this link, it may have some information that you are looking for.

Suhail.

• 7.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 24, 2014 05:44 PM

Just wondering again....

Can you edit any field in that portlet?

Can you edit any field in the Financial rollup view or in the Effort rollup view?

• 8.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 25, 2014 04:42 AM

Hi Urmas,

I just tried and I am not able to edit any field in a portlet with data provider as "Investment Rollup". Maybe clarity blocks all edits since its a "rollup" object, not a normal one.

Regards,

Georgy

• 9.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 25, 2014 06:54 AM

I tried the same and that is why I started wondering. So it appears that the object is different is some manner.

I wonder where the user could see the difference in properties or settings.

• 10.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 26, 2014 08:00 AM

I think it is different because the allocation in a hierarchy should add up to 100% so it should limit places where you edit the info...

• 11.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 26, 2014 09:55 AM

"the allocation in a hierarchy should add up to 100% so it should limit places where you edit the info" - I agree with that, whilst I still feel that I should be able to edit it. The matrix view shows the parent(s) and/or children and the allocation %, so don't know what else should be the show-stopper in editing the allocation %

NJ

• 12.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 26, 2014 12:53 PM

That could be the reason, but as said I can't edit any field in that portlet.

On the other hand you cannot edit the percent in Financial Rollup view either.  It is a link which takes me to another view  where it is editable.

With the portlet there is no such work around.

• 13.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 27, 2014 06:30 AM

Hi All,

I was just wondering if you all are not missing out on any Investment/Project Hierarchy related Access Rights.

Suhail.

• 14.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 27, 2014 07:00 AM

I've got all global rights.

• 15.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:27 AM

Same here

NJ

• 16.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 28, 2014 02:44 AM

Me too!

• 17.  Re: Data Editing in Object-based portlets

Posted Aug 28, 2014 01:39 PM

Three votes for a non-rights related issue.