CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

• 1.  CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Aug 25, 2014 04:51 AM

I would like to integrate CA SDM r12.9 with SMS Gateway. I never done such integration before.

The customer provided SMS Gateway interface supports HTTP post only.

Im trying to send SMS Request through spell code whenever Request/Incident tickets status changes to customized status (Scheduled/Rescheduled) only.

Seems spell code is correct however the mentioned mobile no is not getting message through the spel code.

Need urgent technical expert advice/suggestion on this.

Regards,

Manisha

Message was edited by: Manisha Patel

• 2.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Aug 25, 2014 09:31 AM

Hi Manisha.

Can you give us some more details of your implementation? How do you send an HTTP request from within spel code? This not possible out of the box, to my knowledge.

I can imagine an external script or program, which is able to send an http post request which es executed by spell code?

Thanks and kind regards

..............Michael

• 3.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Aug 25, 2014 09:43 AM

Hi Michael,

I cant share the code on forum and hence sharing with you spell code and mod file which im using it to send SMS via spell code. But not sure this script using HTTP Post method.

Pls share your feedback on the same at the earliest.

Regards,

Manisha

Attachment(s)

zip
    zcrsms_mod.txt.zip   304 B 1 version
    zip
    zcrsms_spl.txt.zip   1015 B 1 version

• 4.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Aug 25, 2014 10:15 AM

Hi Manisha.

Your spell code is building a URL and executing the external "launchit" executable. The way you are calling this tool will start the Internet Explorer in the background and let the IE submit the URL. Unfortunately, the IE will do a HTTP GET request, and I don't think, that there is a way to let IE send a HTTP POST request.

I would suggest using a differnet command line tool, which is able to send a POST request. For example, cURL seems to be able to send HTTP POST requests. In your case, the command line may look like:

curl --data "username=***&password=***&senderid=***&message=Test&to=***"  http://<your sms server cgi>

Hope that helps and let me know how it works.

Kind regards

.....................Michael

• 5.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Aug 25, 2014 10:49 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Tried launching “curl” command instead of “launchit” however getting below error in the log:

couldn't launch windows app: curl --data "username=***&password=***&to=xxxxxxxxxx&sender=******&message=Ticket Incident no. 192 test SMS Message" http://msdgweb.mgov.gov.in/esms/sendsmsrequest

Attached code here. Pls correct if my code needs to modify while launching curl.

Regards,

Manisha

Attachment(s)

zip
    zcrsms_spl.txt.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 6.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Aug 25, 2014 11:08 AM

Hi Manisha.

Frist check, if "curl" is working from command line executing manually, and if the sms is sent.

Then I would place curl in the same directory as the launchit.exe tool and try again.

If this works, make sure, you are passing exatly the same syntax, ncluding quotes and so on, to your exec call in your spel code.

Regards

............Michael

• 7.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Aug 27, 2014 09:42 AM

Hi Michael,

We have tried to used “curl” however getting “credential error” in the logs post sending SMS request to the mentioned URL through the spell code.

Would like to know any other way/approach can we used for such integration other than spell code?

Thanks & Regards,

Manisha

• 8.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Aug 27, 2014 10:47 AM

Hi Manisha.

As fas I understood your situation, the "Trigger" for sending an SMS is the change of the status to a specific value.

For such an event, spell code is an appropriate way to react on this.

Another possibility would be to use a specific notification rule for the "Update Status" activity, using a special contact with a special notification method, which can be used to start an external script in a different way.

Nevertheless, to me its more a question of writing a script which is able to send a http post request to your SMS gateway. This is totaly independent from SDM. SDM is just the "trigger" of this script.

Maybe its a good idea to embed the curl call into a bat script. Try bringing this script to work. If it works, call it with spell, maybe using "launchit" as a command line wrapper.

Regards

...............Michael

• 9.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Sep 03, 2014 04:39 AM

Hi Michael,

Tried with spell code however nothing working out.

Any idea how can we send SMS using JAVA code through API in CA Service Desk?

Other team has used API’s for sending SMS in their applications.

Thanks & Regards,

Manisha

• 10.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Sep 09, 2014 05:05 AM

Hi Manishap,

I think below mention Link will help you.

http://www.servicedeskusers.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t1103.html

Regards,

napa

• 11.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Sep 19, 2014 05:57 AM

Hello ManishaP,

Have the above comments from napa and Michael helped? The last link given may get you over the line.

If not, we also have CA Business Partners, CA Services and Global Delivery who can assist more directly. Billable of course, but if the case is urgent and code confidential as indicated, it may get you out of a spot. Or they may have a different way of handling the business process which obviates the need for SPL code.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 12.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Jun 02, 2016 03:23 AM

ManishaP,

can you please send me the procedure of integration b/w SMS gateway and CA SDM 12.9

Please Help.

Regards,

S. Vigneshkumar

• 13.  Re: CA SDM r12.9 integration with SMS Gateway (HTTP Post)

Posted Jun 02, 2016 03:24 AM

Hi Michael,

can you please send me the procedure of integration b/w SMS gateway and CA SDM 12.9

Regards,

S. Vigneshkumar