DX NetOps

• 1.  How to integrate Spectrum with BMC Remedy directly

Posted Aug 27, 2014 11:50 AM

In release notes of Spectrum 9.2.3, it mentions that The CA Spectrum BMC Remedy Gateway product is no longer shipped as of CA Spectrum r9.0. If you upgrade to CA Spectrum r9.2, the BMC Remedy Gateway will no longer function because it is incompatible with the shared libraries that are shipped with CA Spectrum r9.0 or higher. Use of an BMC Remedy Gateway from a previous CA Spectrum installation with CA Spectrum r9.2 will result in unpredictable behavior and is therefore not supported. The manual Remedy ticket viewing mechanism in OneClick is also no longer available. So, how can we integrate Spectrum with Remedy in this case?

• 2.  Re: How to integrate Spectrum with BMC Remedy directly

Posted Aug 28, 2014 12:14 PM

Hi,

This can be accomplished using custom scripts, which can be started through the OneClick UI within an alarm context. BMC Remedy has several APIs that can be accessed through scripts. We have built an bi-directional integration for a customer. So you can open tickets by simply clicking a menu item when selecting an alarm in OneClick UI. A cronjob in the background also fetches the ticket number from BMC Remedy and pastes it into the alarm, so you can track ticket numbers. Any changes in the ticket will also be reflected within Spectrum OneClick due to the bi-directional interface.

Greetings,

Ben

• 3.  Re: How to integrate Spectrum with BMC Remedy directly

Posted Aug 29, 2014 03:52 AM

Hi Ben,

It's great. It's what I want for my customer. How can I apply for this solution? Is it free for use? Thanks.

Zhanwen

• 4.  Re: How to integrate Spectrum with BMC Remedy directly

Posted Sep 08, 2014 10:46 PM

Hi Ben,

Thanks! It's what I want for my customer. How can I apply for this solution? Is it free for use? 

Zhanwen

• 5.  Re: How to integrate Spectrum with BMC Remedy directly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2014 04:35 AM

Hi Zhanwen,

Checking through my old emails, previously there was an IT PAM to Remedy Integration that would integrate with Spectrum.  The last time this topic came up from the Spectrum side was back in 2012 but the integration is done on the IT PAM side.  There is a charge for IT PAM but this would have to be discussed through your CA Sales Account Team.

Best regards,

Glenn Shoemake