DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  [Custom EMail Plugin] Bug: Formatting is not stored, Feature: HTML Mails, Question: Any chance I can update this plugin?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 05:36 AM

Hi,

We are using the custom plugin for creating and sending mails, which improved on the default mail sending facilities of Introscope. We now face a few challenges with the current realization and have a few additional requirements. So I would like to ask whether these problems can be fixed by the one creating the plugin (who would that be?) or if it is possible for me to fix / adapt the plugin myself and to share this new version.

Bug: Formating is not stored

The formating of the mail text is not persisted in the management module. As we have to create mails that include a description of the problem, possible solutions, etc. it is necessary to structure the mail in some way. We currently use linebreaks, but these linebreaks are lost as soon as the management module is copied. I had a look into the xml of the management module. The text does not contain the linebreaks, so I assume that this information is not persisted.

Feature: HTML Emails

In order to improve mail customization (e.g. write certain heading in bigger letters or bold) it would be nice to allow the mail text to be HTML. This can be added easily by having an additional checkbox that activates HTML mailing. If this checkbox is activated, the text is interpreted as html.

So do you think these points can be addressed or do you know of a way for me to address them and build the extension again?

Thank you,

Stefan

• 2.  Re: [Custom EMail Plugin] Bug: Formating is not stored, Feature: HTML Mails, Question: Any chance I can update this plugin?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 02, 2014 06:36 AM

Hi Stefan,

This particular feature (HTML email templates) is currently planned to be included in the next major version (9.7), I expect you will be able to see a demo of it soon if you join the APM Beta Private Community.

Regs,

Florian.

• 3.  Re: [Custom EMail Plugin] Bug: Formating is not stored, Feature: HTML Mails, Question: Any chance I can update this plugin?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 06:56 AM

Hi Florian,

So you will integrate the current custom plugin into core Introscope and add the feature of sending mails as HTML? That sounds nice. Thus it does not make any sense for me to update the custom plugin.

> I expect you will be able to see a demo of it soon if you join the APM Beta Private Community.

I am very happy to do that, but I do not see this community in the listed communities. Perhaps I do not have the required privilege?

Is there any chance to update the "bug" about keeping the formating in the custom plugin until we can move to 9.7 (my customer has the policy to always be behind one version for added safety)

Thanks,

Stefan

• 4.  Re: [Custom EMail Plugin] Bug: Formating is not stored, Feature: HTML Mails, Question: Any chance I can update this plugin?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 09:12 AM

We are not productizing the fieldpack, it's an entirely new development, and unfortunately we don't provide any support on fieldpacks

• 5.  Re: [Custom EMail Plugin] Bug: Formating is not stored, Feature: HTML Mails, Question: Any chance I can update this plugin?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 09:21 AM

I understand so there is also no repository for the code that I can have a look at and fix this "bug"? I am not talking about someone having to fix that, I am more than happy to fix it myself and give it back to the community. It also should not be too hard, I am just asking how to best start without having to write the entire field pack again

• 6.  Re: [Custom EMail Plugin] Bug: Formating is not stored, Feature: HTML Mails, Question: Any chance I can update this plugin?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 02:46 PM

Indeed Stefan, we'll be demo'ing this new feature as part of our APM 9.7 Customer Validation Program.  Please join the community.  In order to do so, you will also need to enroll for our early-access program at http://bit.ly/apmbeta.

Demos will be scheduled over the course of the next 2-3 weeks.

Cheers,

Chris

• 7.  Re: [Custom EMail Plugin] Bug: Formatting is not stored, Feature: HTML Mails, Question: Any chance I can update this plugin?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2014 05:46 PM

I just noticed the UI inconsistencies today in 9.6.0 that doesn't seem to be a problem in 9.5.x.

I'll look into it and see what's the causing the problem.