Clarity

• 1.  In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 07:10 AM

Hi guys,

we are using 12.1.3 at the moment and are building auditing capability to include the resource financial fields in the standard audit trail.

the trouble we are facing at the moment is an inability within the database to identify the user who makes a change to the financial fields.  The PAC_MNT_RESOURCES table does not have a last_Updated_by field

Can anybody suggest an alternative way of doing this.

or some trigger pl/sql that picks up the session user?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

• 2.  Re: In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 09:55 AM

I guess, a trigger is the only way to achieve this. You can get the data filled in the cmn_audits table.

Please note:- although the data would not be available in the UI, it can be extracted from the db.

NJ

• 3.  Re: In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 09:57 AM

You can vote on this idea -

Make RESOURCE FINANCIAL INFORMATION available in Studio

Make RESOURCE FINANCIAL INFORMATION available in Studio

NJ

• 4.  Re: In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 10:15 AM

Hi NJ,

yeah we are using triggers and hidden custom attributes on the resource object to make it available in the UI also.

but in the trigger code we are struggling to capture the user who made the change that fires the trigger....

for some triggers where we create a new record we can simply use NEW.LAST_UPDATED_BY

if there is a LAST_UPDATED_BY field on the table.

as there IS NOT such a field on PAC_MNT_RESOURCES i'm not sure how we can get the details of the user..

• 5.  Re: In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 10:51 AM

Have you tried picking up the last_updated_by and last_updated date from the srm_resources / cmn_sec_users table(s)  ?

NJ

• 6.  Re: In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 11:00 AM

thats a good point.

it seems to have the correct value in there.

just checking with my developer who suggested that its not always the case...

thanks for your time

• 7.  Re: In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 02, 2014 11:34 AM

Welcome

NJ

• 8.  Re: In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 03, 2014 06:00 AM

Matt,

FYI

Last_Updated_by is present in PAC_MNT_RESOURCES in clarity 13.3.

Time to upgrade

-Gurjeet

• 9.  Re: In the database, how can I see who updated the resource department and location field?

Posted Sep 03, 2014 08:39 AM

Also, I suggest that you vote on this Idea:

Resource Last Updated By Updates when Financials are Updated