Plex 2E

• 1.  Plex 7 Dispatcher & Transactions

Posted Sep 08, 2014 07:16 AM

Hey everyone,

is there anyone having problems with Plex 7.0 Dispatcher?

recently we've upgraded our products to Plex 7.0 and we're having very strange and random crashes and table locks in processes that exist for a very long time ago...

Once we restart the dispatcher, everything comes to normal, until the next situation appears...

anyone experienced anything like this?

Luis Sousa

• 2.  Re: Plex 7 Dispatcher & Transactions

Posted Sep 08, 2014 07:19 AM

forgot to say that this is (obviously) happening in processes that are under commitment control

• 3.  Re: Plex 7 Dispatcher & Transactions

Posted Sep 09, 2014 02:26 AM

interesting. More info would help but did experience recently locking problems with an upgrade of a machine and running batch programs in parallel which in hindsight was rather inviting locking issues.

What Plex release have you upgraded from? There a few dispatchers (YOBSYTCP and YOBSYTCPDP), which are you running? Did the machine also get upgraded?

Little has changed in the dispatchers but for:

IBM i Dispatcher Enhancement

The CA Plex IBM i dispatcher implements a Socket Timeout parameter within critical

sections to avoid hanging dispatcher situations when one client fails to connect.

The IBM i dispatcher feature is implemented for both the YOBSYTCP and YOBSYTCPDP

dispatchers.

For more information about the IBM i Dispatcher Enhancement, see the CA Plex TCP/IP

Dispatcher Timeout section the online help.

• 4.  Re: Plex 7 Dispatcher & Transactions

Posted Sep 09, 2014 04:00 AM

Hi George,

thanks for your quick answer.

this is actually happening on the WinNTC platform with an SQL database...

We've upgraded from plex 5.5 to plex 7.0 (Build 38.007)

• 5.  Re: Plex 7 Dispatcher & Transactions

Posted Sep 09, 2014 04:10 AM

certainly needed that info!

sql server?

Concurrency Control

How you implement concurrency control depends on whether you are using searched updates, or positioned updates.

Note: The type of updates that CA Plex uses depends on the fetch type that you specify in the application's .INI file or in the CA Plex NT Environment Manager. SQLFetch results in Searched Updates, and SQLExtendedFetch results in Positioned Updates.

See Also

Database Object Owners

Cursor Types

Transaction Isolation Levels

• 6.  Re: Plex 7 Dispatcher & Transactions

Posted Sep 16, 2014 05:55 AM

Hi -

What PTF level are you running ?

Best

Lorenz

• 7.  Re: Plex 7 Dispatcher & Transactions

Posted Feb 10, 2016 05:38 AM

DEVELOP Hi Luis, Did you get this sorted out, would appreciate some feedback on how you fixed this asap