DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Upgrade the Introscope workstation to 64 bit

Posted Sep 08, 2014 05:35 PM

Hi All,

I am upgrading the introscope workstation to a 64 bit one, I have already installed JAVA for 64 bit windows machine, And introscope is also installed on my machine, What else need to be changed?

Like the new location of JAVA in some LAX file, right?

Please let me know what are the complete steps of the upgrade if i am missing anything.

• 2.  Re: Upgrade the Introscope workstation to 64 bit

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2014 05:26 AM

HI,

Why you want to upgrade workstaion to 64 bit, what you are expecting out of this? Workstation alone?

Infact I neverr heard of this, Hope there is no such like you upgrade workstation You got confused i guess.

Regards,
    Sri

• 3.  Re: Upgrade the Introscope workstation to 64 bit
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2014 09:43 AM

Hi,

This depends on whether you are using the Workstation Thin Client or the Workstation Thick Client.

The Workstation Thin Client (otherwise known as Webstart) is simply opening up a browser and pointing it to the URL of the EM (MOM or standalone).

The Workstation Thick Client is a separate installer from the EM installer.

1. To upgrade the Workstation Thin Client to 64 bit java, simply go to your EM (MOM or standalone) installed directory and modify the Introscope_Enterprise_Manager.lax file.  Locate the line that says lax.nl.current.vm=<path to java>

Change that path to point to where your 64 bit java is installed.

NOTE: If you have installed your EM on Windows and you have it starting as a service, then modify the EMService.conf file located in your <EM installed directory>/bin directory and modify EMService.conf.  From there locate the line that says wrapper.java.command

and change the path to point to where your 64 bit java is installed.

2. To upgrade the Workstation Thick Client to 64 bit java, go to your <Workstation installed directory> and modify the Introscope_Workstation.lax file.  Locate the line that says lax.nl.current.vm and change the path to point it to where your 64 bit java is installed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Matt