Clarity

• 1.  ETC value of a resource for a project

Posted Sep 15, 2014 07:50 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I want get ETC hours for a resource month wise. How can I get it?

see the attached file. I have marked the data i need from a sql query.

please let me know which table & field can help me to get the data.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: ETC value of a resource for a project

Posted Sep 16, 2014 06:15 AM

Hi Pragya,

Have a look in table prj_blb_slices_m_etc ... investment_id is project id ... resource_id is there ... Slice_Date are months  and Slice column contains the ETC .... divide by number of hours (resource availability) to get the ETC in days. There are similar tables to get weekly or Daily ETC data.

I hope this will help.

-Gurjeet

• 3.  Re: ETC value of a resource for a project

Posted Sep 16, 2014 06:18 AM

Though comperedto the way your view is configured those slices are for calendar months and not months starting at th 14th.

• 4.  Re: ETC value of a resource for a project

Posted Sep 16, 2014 07:20 AM

Hi Gurjeet,

One doubt - If I goto Data Administration>>Time Slices and search for a timeslice with Estimates as its item, I get only the below four of which one is a monthly curve.

Clarity Time Slices.png

Seeing your reply above, I checked the prj_blb_slicerequests table and got the two slices from the table as given below:

Estimate Slices.png

They both look almost the same except for the rollover frequency which is monthly for one and quarterly for the other.

Are there any other differences between these two system slices? Which one should we prefer to use in such a scenario to get our required data?

Regards,

Georgy

• 5.  Re: ETC value of a resource for a project

Posted Sep 16, 2014 07:54 AM

If you look at more fields you can see that the slice 113 is synchronous. That is it is instaslice and not updated with the time slicing job. Those slices a re used in many of the system views like weekly detail. They are system defined and the user cannot change the definition in the GUI. If the user deed data outside the instaslices (the time period requested does not exist - situation) then the option is to use the user configurable slices and to configure them to cover the time frame needed.

• 6.  Re: ETC value of a resource for a project

Posted Sep 16, 2014 09:38 AM

Georgy,

Martti already explained above ... Data is present in both tables.It only depends what sort of data you are looking for. I just pointed Pragya into right direction. They need to explore the tables according to their needs...

-Gurjeet

• 7.  Re: ETC value of a resource for a project

Posted Sep 19, 2014 08:54 AM

Hi Gurjeet,

I look for the table prj_blb_slices_m_etc. It gave me data for ETC. but I found multiple rows for ETC for same resource & project for same slice_date. the only difference is in prj_object_id. so what does prj_object_id indicate here?

and how I can differentiate which one I should pick. and why it is showing multiple records?

I have attached file for your referece.

ETC.PNG

Thanks for reply & waiting for your input.

Thanks.@ ! !

• 8.  Re: ETC value of a resource for a project

Posted Sep 19, 2014 09:09 AM

ETC is not a function of project and resource and date, it is a function of the assignment and date.

In other words; project id / resource id / date are not unique enough to define the level that the data is held ; the data relates to assignment records.

(explicitly, for this particular slice, the prj_object_id is prassignment.prid)