Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Announcing CA Single Sign-On - The New Name for CA SiteMinder®

Posted Sep 15, 2014 10:47 AM

I'm pleased to announce CA Single Sign-On, the ‘new’ name for CA SiteMinder® and other related solutions.

The main name changes were:

CA SiteMinder® =>CA Single Sign-On

CA SiteMinder® Federation => CA Federation

CA SiteMinder® Secure Proxy Server => CA Access Gateway

Same great solutions, with a new name. Please go here for more information:

http://www.ca.com/us/products/advanced-authentication-and-single-sign-on.aspx

http://www.ca.com/us/securecenter/ca-single-sign-on.aspx

• 2.  Re: Announcing CA Single Sign-On - The New Name for CA SiteMinder®

Posted Sep 15, 2014 03:08 PM

this feels so wrong.

ca sso is a product they killed. why would you remove the well recognized name of siteminder?

• 3.  Re: Announcing CA Single Sign-On - The New Name for CA SiteMinder®

Posted Sep 16, 2014 03:13 PM

Would have preferred 'SiteMangler'.

jk

'SSO' works for us since that is what our customers call it anyway.

• 4.  Re: Announcing CA Single Sign-On - The New Name for CA SiteMinder®

Posted Sep 19, 2014 09:42 AM

that's essentially what it is, but there's a marketting gimmick i see since they have ca sso, ca federation ....

still i recall they had a product called ca sso that was so horrible they killed it and bought out netegrity. why would they risk people remembering that failed product?

• 5.  Re: Announcing CA Single Sign-On - The New Name for CA SiteMinder®

Posted Sep 24, 2014 01:47 PM

Why CA has changed the name for SiteMinder?

It feels so wrong. SiteMinder is welknown product in Market not the Single Sign On.

It may give wrong impression.

• 6.  Re: Announcing CA Single Sign-On - The New Name for CA SiteMinder®

Posted Sep 24, 2014 02:13 PM

Hi RajeshKA,

Thanks for your note, here is some additional information as to why we are doing this. As CA Technologies continues to build on our extensive solution portfolio through acquisitions and organic innovation, unifying our brand—and our product names—becomes more important than ever.

One thing that I would like to add is that the name change is not just with CA Single Sign-On, it is occurring with all of our products and solutions.  Customer feedback told us that our product names were confusing and so we’ve simplified our product names and created this easy, searchable resource to access current product names and information in one place. In addition to new product names, you will find where each product sits in our Portfolio and Product Families, as well as related products, to help contextualize our offerings. We hope you will find it a useful reference as we build and refine our impressive CA Portfolio.  www.ca.com/naming  

Thanks again,

Chris