Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Is it possible to send the "current time zone" in SiteMinder Header? IST something like this.

Posted Sep 18, 2014 05:02 AM

Is it possible to send the "current time zone" in SiteMinder Header? IST something like this.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to send the "current time zone" in SiteMinder Header? IST something like this.

Posted Sep 18, 2014 01:22 PM

In order to receive a useful reply, it might be helpful if you stated your full requirements.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to send the "current time zone" in SiteMinder Header? IST something like this.

Posted Sep 19, 2014 12:23 AM

I have a requirement where I have to send a header with "current time zone" value from Siteminder to end application(Sumtotal App). but time zone is not a user directory value to add it in the response, here I am struck. Any idea how to implement this?

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to send the "current time zone" in SiteMinder Header? IST something like this.

Posted Sep 19, 2014 09:58 AM

Hello,

From the documentation, siteminder could provide the following kind of variables:

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20SiteMinder%2012%2052-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/idocs/346898.html#o347523

• Static Variables
    • Request Context Variables
    • User Context Variables
    • Form Post Variables
    • Web Services Variables

You can them use them in responses and put them in HTTP headers.
    There is no way to get client Current time zone but you can maybe do it in Custom code by JavaScript or any JSP/ASP code.

For your information the Default siteminder generated Response attributes are.
    https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20SiteMinder%2012%2052-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/idocs/345899.html#o346698

Hope it helps,

Julien.

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to send the "current time zone" in SiteMinder Header? IST something like this.

Posted Sep 22, 2014 08:53 AM

define "from Siteminder".

current time zone of the end user?  Siteminder policy server?

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to send the "current time zone" in SiteMinder Header? IST something like this.

Posted Sep 29, 2014 07:40 AM

Hey Mike,

It's current time zone of the end user..!!

• 7.  Re: Is it possible to send the "current time zone" in SiteMinder Header? IST something like this.

Posted Oct 30, 2014 11:35 AM

Hi,

As far as I understand This is not possible with out of the box functionality, you need to have a seperate code which shows the current time something like JSP or ASP code may help you.