Clarity

• 1.  A plea : Wikipedia and OpenWorkbench

Posted Sep 24, 2014 10:17 AM

Can someone (from CA marketing/product owners perhaps?) please do something about the wikipedia page for OWB ; Open Workbench - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is full of rather misleading information "the program appears to be no longer actively developed"  , "Development status Discontinued" etc and that rather puts off project managers when we tell them that they have to use OWB (since they just google it and come up with those sort of statements, its all very tiring having to explain to them to not always believe what they read on wikipedia).

(I'm not volunteering since I don't really know the ins/outs of all the versions, support etc).

• 2.  Re: A plea : Wikipedia and OpenWorkbench

Posted Sep 24, 2014 11:00 AM

I think and I may be very wrong, that itdesign were developing owb but as closed source.

http://www.itdesign.de/en/ppm/open-workbench/

None the less, the Wikipedia page is the first link on google and it does look like it needs a refresh!

• 3.  Re: A plea : Wikipedia and OpenWorkbench

Posted Sep 24, 2014 11:19 AM

My understanding is that CA has taken back the OWB development, that is base on what Michael Lester said in one of the regional user group meetings.

• 4.  Re: A plea : Wikipedia and OpenWorkbench

Posted Sep 24, 2014 11:29 AM

I also have various "understandings" of the status of OWB, but many of these understandings probably conflict with each other , this is one of the reasons that I was not volunteering to update wiki, rather suggesting someone from CA should do it!

...and while they are at it, they could create* a "Clarity" wiki-page, "CA Clarity PPM" is notable by its lack of appearance/links in wikipedia lists of PPM software, unlike many if its competitor products. (The key thing being to not make any page look like an advert, just a cited-statement of facts)

* - actually recreate ; there used to be one but some over-zealous wikipedia editor removed it a while ago!

• 5.  Re: A plea : Wikipedia and OpenWorkbench

Posted Sep 24, 2014 12:13 PM

+1 on creating a Clarity Wiki page.