AnsweredAssumed Answered

Virtual service creation using data parameterization

Question asked by Avinash_304 on Sep 29, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 by Surya.Suravarapu

Hi All,

I created a virtual service using request and response pairs for HTTP protocol.

In one of the transaction in virtual service Image I have request data with Two arguments

Example Product Name and Product Product ID

I have got one response describing the product with multiple elements in response. I Have created the properties and set it in the Project Config.

Now I want the virtual service to act based on the input request  I provide in the test created against the virtual service that is Product Name and Product Product ID

I have one excel sheet with following deatils

Product IDProduct nameProduct Details 1Product Detail 2Product Details 3Product Details5
This is Request FieldThis is Request FieldThis is Response Filed for sending response based on product id and product nameThis is Response Filed for sending response based on product id and product nameThis is Response Filed for sending response based on product id and product nameThis is Response Filed for sending response based on product id and product name

Please let me if I can have my excel sheet in virtual service which i deploy and virtual service sends response xml with variables getting substituted with product details mentioned in excel doc.

Where should I create this data source in VSM and how to do this?

Outcomes