AnsweredAssumed Answered

WebSphere Agent 9.6 - Intelligent Instrumentation not working

Question asked by JKW on Oct 2, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2014 by KulbirNijjer

We just upgraded our WebSphere Agent to 9.6 and with Intelligent Instrumentation enabled. We get the following error below, when the agent comes up:

10/02/14 07:42:09 AM EDT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.IntelligentInstrumentationService] Intelligent Instrumentation Service activated

10/02/14 07:42:24 AM EDT [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] IntervalHeartbeat.execute threw executing: IntelligentInstrumentationSustainabilityService

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.wily.introscope.probebuilder.intelligent.instrumentation.IntelligentInstrumentationConfig.isDeepTraceSustainabilityMetricsEnabled(IntelligentInstrumentationConfig.java:319)

at com.wily.introscope.probebuilder.extension.instrument.intelligent.IntelligentInstrumentationService$EnableIntelligentInstrumentation$1.ITimestampedRunnable_execute(IntelligentIns

trumentationService.java:259)

at com.wily.util.heartbeat.IntervalHeartbeat$BehaviorNode.execute(IntervalHeartbeat.java:972)

at com.wily.util.heartbeat.IntervalHeartbeat.executeNextBehaviorAndCalculateSleepTime(IntervalHeartbeat.java:491)

at com.wily.util.heartbeat.IntervalHeartbeat.access$2(IntervalHeartbeat.java:445)

at com.wily.util.heartbeat.IntervalHeartbeat$HeartbeatRunnable.run(IntervalHeartbeat.java:668)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)

I disabled intelligent instrumentation and the agent comes up fine. Anyone else having problems?  I did enable intelligent instrumentation on some JBoss and Tomcat agents, and I'm not getting the errors.

JKW

Outcomes