DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  False Alerts in Introscope 9.5.2

Posted Oct 06, 2014 04:18 PM

We have already opened a case with CA on this, but I figured I would reach out to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar...

We upgraded to 9.5.2 about 5 months ago, and recently we have begun seeing several false alerts, mostly with summary alerts, within the Workstation. To clarify: a summary alert will show as being in a danger state (3 in investigator), when none of the underlying alerts are in a danger state. The implications for this are pretty obvious - our customers, and executives, are beginning to lose trust in the data being reported by Introscope. The dashboards that show the status of these alerts are used regularly and provide no value when the data is not reliable.

Below are some screenshots where we have configured a summary alert with only 1 underlying alert, which is in a normal state (1 in investigator). The summary alert, however, is showing as being in a danger state, and has been for weeks now.

Here is the configuration of the summary alert:

summary_mm.png

Here is the configuration of the individual alert:

cron_avail_alert.png

Here is the status of the individual alert in the Investigator (showing normal state of 1):

cron_avail.png

Here is the status of the summary alert in the Investigator (show danger status of 3):

summary_investigator.png

• 2.  Re: False Alerts in Introscope 9.5.2

Posted Jan 10, 2015 11:22 AM

Hi

Did you solve the issue? I'm having the same behavior here.

Did you have the case id?

Thanks

• 3.  Re: False Alerts in Introscope 9.5.2

Posted Feb 06, 2015 12:03 PM

I solve the problem, was an bad integration with SOI.

Put the log file in DEBUG mode and see if you are having somebody accessing the MOM constantly.

Regards