DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Hello CA APM team, I would like to know if a specific CA APM agent do exist in order to monitor a Jetty server ? If not, is there a way to adapt a JAVA agent so that it will work with Jetty ?

• 1.  Hello CA APM team, I would like to know if a specific CA APM agent do exist in order to monitor a Jetty server ? If not, is there a way to adapt a JAVA agent so that it will work with Jetty ?

Posted Oct 07, 2014 09:01 AM

I want to specify that I'm running CA APM version 9.1.0.

Thanks for your answers !

• 2.  Re: Hello CA APM team, I would like to know if a specific CA APM agent do exist in order to monitor a Jetty server ? If not, is there a way to adapt a JAVA agent so that it will work with Jetty ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2015 11:25 AM

bumping this thread!

• 3.  Re: Hello CA APM team, I would like to know if a specific CA APM agent do exist in order to monitor a Jetty server ? If not, is there a way to adapt a JAVA agent so that it will work with Jetty ?

Posted Jan 21, 2015 12:06 PM

Hi Robert,

You should be able to take the “default” Java Agent and run it with Jetty and it should just work! If anyone has experience running with Jetty, feel free to chime in.

What version of Jetty are you using by the way?

Regs,

Florian.

• 4.  Re: Hello CA APM team, I would like to know if a specific CA APM agent do exist in order to monitor a Jetty server ? If not, is there a way to adapt a JAVA agent so that it will work with Jetty ?

Posted Jan 21, 2015 02:03 PM

I have no experience with Jetty but if you use WebView with the agent to monitor itself  (maybe starting only with v9.5) you can maybe get inspired by it ~ <webview>/product/webview/agent/wily/core/config/IntroscopeAgent.profile.... Reading the tomcat / jboss guide can also help.

/Fred