Symantec Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

/root/Downloads/GEN06161536E/CADirectory/dxserver/install or one of its parent directories is not readable/executable. The install cannot execute dxsetup.sh

• 1.  /root/Downloads/GEN06161536E/CADirectory/dxserver/install or one of its parent directories is not readable/executable. The install cannot execute dxsetup.sh

Posted Oct 08, 2014 06:42 AM

Hi,

I am trying to install CA IDM r12.6 SP2 in a JBoss 5.1.0 GA Cluster. I have two RHEL 6.4 VMs that I am planning to put into the cluster. The CA IDM bookshelf says that installing CA Directory is a required step that I need to first perform in the server where I intend to install the Provisioning Server. When I try installing CA Directory using the installer included in the IDM installer package, I get the following error:

/root/Downloads/GEN06161536E/CADirectory/dxserver/install or one of its parent directories is not readable/executable. The install cannot execute dxsetup.sh

Installation terminated.

I am trying this installation as the root user. I also gave full permissions on the installer files to see if it makes any change. But so far, nothing has worked for me. Could anyone please shred some light into this one? Please let me know if you need more information from me, I am new to CA IDM.

Regards-

• 2.  Re: /root/Downloads/GEN06161536E/CADirectory/dxserver/install or one of its parent directories is not readable/executable. The install cannot execute dxsetup.sh

Posted Oct 08, 2014 07:40 AM

Give permissions to the executables..that should address the problem

1. As root user Go to /root/Downloads/

2.run chmod -R 777 GEN06161536E

3. Now run the dxsetup.sh file

Let me know how it goes..

• 3.  Re: /root/Downloads/GEN06161536E/CADirectory/dxserver/install or one of its parent directories is not readable/executable. The install cannot execute dxsetup.sh

Posted Oct 08, 2014 09:26 AM

Thanks anilkins005!

I tried that and unfortunately the outcome has not changed. I am still getting the same error. Would you have any further suggestions?

• 4.  Re: /root/Downloads/GEN06161536E/CADirectory/dxserver/install or one of its parent directories is not readable/executable. The install cannot execute dxsetup.sh
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 08, 2014 10:05 AM

I think I have resolved the issue. All I did was that I copied the installers over to /opt/ from where they were (/root/Downloads/). Now, it is installing without any issues.

Thanks a lot to everyone who tried to help!