If an actual transaction was posted into WIP with an incorrect Cost Type (Operating or Capital), it can be corrected by using the following steps:
Configure the 'Cost Type' field on the Task Object for the general properties subpage.
This will allow the Project Manager to set a Cost Type value on selected Tasks that is different than the Project-level Cost Type.
When Transactions are posted or adjusted, if there is a Cost Type value on the task , it will use that value instead of the project-level value.
Changing the Cost Type on the Task:
- Login to PPM as a user that has the access rights that allows you to change the Cost Type on a Project Task
- Locate the task associated with the actual transaction and change the Cost Type
Making a WIP Adjustment:
- Go to 'Create WIP Adjustment' list page ; locating the specific transaction
- Open the transaction and click 'Save' button -- NO need to make any changes to the transaction
- The transaction will show up on the 'Approve WIP Adjustment' listing
- Approve the Adjustment (Now the transaction will have the correct Cost Type associated)
- You can see the 'adjusted' Cost Type value on the 'Posted Transaction Review' portlet