Clarity

• 1.  New resources not showing on resource finder

Posted Oct 15, 2014 12:54 PM

Hello everyone! I am having some issues with the resource finder on Clarity 13.2.

When I click on the magnifying glass icon I can't see all the resources available for the period requested. I only see some of the resources. If I remove the dates from the 'Avalability' field on the filter all resources are displayed. The difference between the ones that are displayed and the ones that are not, is that the second ones are new resources and were created for testing purposes.

- I have checked the properties of the resources and there are no differencies.

- The new resources are not assigned to any task.

- I have run the following jobs:

1. TimeSlicing

2. Datamart Extraction

3. Datamart Rollup  Time Facts and Time Summary

4. Rate Matrix Extraction

5. Post Timesheet

6. Post Transactions to financials

7. Import financials Actuals

- I also have a ticket with support but we haven't made any progress so far. I would like to share this issue with you in case anyone else has already experienced something alike.

Thanks! Flo

• 2.  Re: New resources not showing on resource finder

Posted Oct 15, 2014 03:40 PM

What are their hire and fire dates and what is the availability in the calendar they are associated with?

• 3.  Re: New resources not showing on resource finder

Posted Oct 15, 2014 04:41 PM

They don't have hire or fire date. Neither do the resources that are listed and they also have availability.

Thanks!

Flo

• 4.  Re: New resources not showing on resource finder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2014 06:38 PM

Hi FloGoya,

The availability filter is dependent on Time Slicing. When you click on the magnifying glass, if the availability filter shows weekly timeperiods then you must check the WEEKLYRESOURCEAVAILCURVE range and make sure the new resources you created have availability during this range. if the availability filter shows monthly timeperiods, then you should check the MONTHLYRESOURCEAVAILCURVE range and make sure the new resources you created have availability during this range.

Only if they fall under this range, they will show up in the finder list. If you are not aware of how to check the time slice range, navigate to Home --> Resource Management --> Resource finder --> click on the availability filter browse. In the From Date, give a date in 2000 and To Date as todays. When you hit submit, it will throw an error and at the bottom of the error it will show you the availability range.

Hope this helps.

- Jerin

• 5.  Re: New resources not showing on resource finder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:31 AM

Hi FloGoya

Were you able to figure this out?

- Jerin

• 6.  Re: New resources not showing on resource finder

Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:22 PM

Hello Jerin! Sorry I was not able to come back to you earlier.

I checked the resource finder availability filter range and it is set to: 11/01/14 - 11/01/15

So I set the project start and finish dates to 11/20/14- 12/31/14.

Then I tried using the magnifying glass from the team tab for the role, and still the resource associated to it is not showing.

Now I have noticed something weird. Support asked me to modify the 'From Date' for the Time Slice 10, so I set it to start from 11/01/14 and 365 number of periods, BUT the 'End Date' is set to 11/01/14, shouldn't be a year from the 'From Date'? Seems it is not being automatically updated, right? What should I check?

I really appreciate your advice.

Thanks!

Flo

• 7.  Re: New resources not showing on resource finder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2014 03:47 AM

The resources you are expecting to show up  in the Resource finder  - are they allocated to any other investments? If not, as a test process, can you allocate one of the resource to an investment in the date range 11/20/14- 12/31/14 and after that try using the resource finder once again.

Also make sure the availability % is set to 0 in the filter and also the resource is available during the date range 11/20/14- 12/31/14.

Let me know how it went.

And for the Time slice question, did you give any expire date when updating the slice request?

Regards,

Jerin

• 8.  Re: New resources not showing on resource finder

Posted Nov 03, 2014 03:41 PM

Hi all! Just wanted to let you know that we were able to fix this issue after setting time slice 1 (DAILYRESOURCEAVAILCURVE)

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Regards

Flo

• 9.  Re: New resources not showing on resource finder

Posted Nov 04, 2014 04:53 AM

Thanks

NJ