Clarity

• 1.  Wrong resource code in pac_mnt_resources

Posted Oct 16, 2014 09:08 AM

Say you mistakenly created user martin when you were supposed to create urmas.

That gets to pac_mnt_resources before you notice the error.

How do you fix it so that you are not condemned to incorrect WIP data forever?

• 2.  Re: Wrong resource code in pac_mnt_resources

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 11:08 AM

Direct Database updates are not supported.

If the Resource Code Field is no longer editable because financial properties have been entered and activated, the only supported solution would be to inactivate the current Resource and create a new resource.

• 3.  Re: Wrong resource code in pac_mnt_resources

Posted Oct 16, 2014 12:52 PM

Thanks.

I take it if I try to enter martin or urmas as the resource code for the new one the system will give and error.

If I create a new one I should be able to create all transactions for the new one and adjust them to zero for the old one. Nothing is in WIP because of the different resource code in pac_mnt_resources - right ?

• 4.  Re: Wrong resource code in pac_mnt_resources

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 01:42 PM

Right, if you try to create a new resource with an existing ID, it will generate an error.

The existing transactions can be adjusted if you like, and new transactions created on the new resource.

• 5.  Re: Wrong resource code in pac_mnt_resources

Posted Oct 16, 2014 03:09 PM

Just wondering again....

Don't the wrong resource_code in par_mnt_resources prevent the posted timeentries getting processed further?

If you try to import a transaction which has the correct resource code will that be checked against srm_resources or pac_mnt_resources or at all ?

• 6.  Re: Wrong resource code in pac_mnt_resources

Posted Oct 17, 2014 03:24 PM

Apparently that is not such a problem after all.

First I must say that new user is out because when SSO is used then also the domain userID would have to be new.

The resource ID can be changed in the GUI so the users see the correct one.

The problem appeared to be that  pac_mnt_resources.resource_code is not the same as srm_resources_unique_name while it is equal to ppa_wip.resource_code ie

pac_mnt_resources.resource_code <> srm_resources_unique_name

pac_mnt_resources.resource_code =  ppa_wip.resource_code

In Clarity it seems that it does not go that way, but srm_resources.id  -> pac_mnt_resources.id and then pac_mnt_resources.resource_code ->  ppa_wip.resource_code

That way we see the data in WIP even if there is the mismatch or resource name/code

The problem is with our custom queries which we can fix based on the above information.

Comments anybody?

• 7.  Re: Wrong resource code in pac_mnt_resources

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2014 04:22 PM

The PAC_MNT_RESOURCES code should match the SRM_RESOURCES code, but if it does not , then something happened with the records and it must have changed ?  It cannot be changed through UI if there are actual transactions already created.

It seems like you might have a data problem, log a support case.

• 8.  Re: Wrong resource code in pac_mnt_resources

Posted Oct 17, 2014 04:52 PM

We know we have the problem, because we entered incorrect resource code to start with. The nit was changed in the GUI. There were not transactions at the time as far as I know, but the resource was financially enabled.

The way to change the resource ID/unique_:name is posted in one of the discussion threads.

That version of Clarity is not supported.

It appears we can live with the consequences of the problem.