Clarity

• 1.  New Button under Custom Object Views

Posted Oct 20, 2014 03:35 PM

Hi All,

What does the New button under a custom Object View means? What functionality does it provide and how can we configure it?

Object-view.bmp

Regards,

Teena Antony

• 2.  Re: New Button under Custom Object Views

Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:47 AM

I checked in 14.1 Studio guide -

Create a Custom Properties View

A custom properties view can only be created for a custom object on the System partition. Once created, the properties view applies to all child partitions.

Only the Layout:Edit option under Setup in the Views definition is available for a custom properties view. The following sections explain how to create and manage custom properties views.

Note: Copy, View All, and Export to XML options are not available for custom properties pages.

Follow these steps:

1. Open the custom object.

The object properties page appears.

2. Click Views.

3. Click New.

4. Enter the name of the new properties view and a unique ID.

5. Click Save.

The new properties view is added to the views list page.

NJ

• 3.  Re: New Button under Custom Object Views

Posted Oct 21, 2014 11:52 AM

Could you please tell me where can we configure it and how?

Regards,

Teena Antony

• 4.  Re: New Button under Custom Object Views

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:40 PM

Hi Teena,

I am working on reviewing the steps for this new feature.

Once the new properties page is created in the Object Views, I am working to find out how to show the page for the user.

• 5.  Re: New Button under Custom Object Views
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 07:08 PM

This is not a new feature. This feature/functionality has been in the product at least since Clarity v12.1.1

This is something that can be configured only on Custom Objects and the associated page layout Tabs.  Not available on stock objects.

Once you create the custom object property view, you can add a new tab to the custom object default layout (or create your own page layout with the object type).

The configuration may also be further defined by using custom page layouts that are controlled by security access using standard Clarity Studio functionality.

Steps to add this view to the custom object default page layout:

1. When you created the custom object, a 'default page layout ' is created (or you can create a new page layout, setting the Page 'Type' = Custom Object name) - be sure the page layout allows new tabs to be created.  Also, when you create the new, custom object property view, object links are automatically created for any 'subpage' created within this property view.  These 'subpage' links are what will be available for configuration on the page layout.
    2. Open the Page Layout definition, click 'Tabs' tab, click 'New' button to create a new tab
    3. Now you are on the 'Page: <custom> Default Layout | Tab: [New Tab] - Properties > create page
    4. Enter Tab Name, Tab Id, Content Source, Description (do not save yet)
    5. IMPORTANT: On the 'Layout' field (it defaults to 'Three Column 25-50-25') pull-down the list to see the options available
    6. You will see 'Properties' and 'Subtabs'
    7. Once you select either 'Properties' or 'Subtabs' a new, enter once, required field will appear on the page to allow you to pick an object view
    8.   Select the view desired and save the new tab definition
    9. Now you will see this new tab (only on Edit layout) for an instance of your custom object data   (my tab name = 'New Props')

• 6.  Re: New Button under Custom Object Views

Posted Oct 23, 2014 01:34 PM

Thank You for the step by step explanation Kathryn. It was really helpful.

Can we make the Tab have display conditions like subpages?

Regards,

Teena Antony

• 7.  RE: Re: New Button under Custom Object Views

Posted Jun 04, 2020 04:23 PM
    Hi, 

We have a requirement to create  a tab  in  a sub-Object of Project , we already created link and a subpage but not they want to convert that  subpage in a tab along with 'Process' & 'Audit'.

I don't see a default page created for that sub-object so not sure if that is possible?

something like this
    Sample tab in subobject