CA Service Management

• 1.  Service Desk-Multiple filters for pdm_ldap_sync

Posted Oct 22, 2014 11:18 AM

SDM r12.9

I posted this on the last SDM Office Hours chat (Re: Office Hours for CA Service Desk & Service Catalog, October 16 @ 10 AM ET) and it appears it is not possible to have multiple filters for one run of the utility.  I just want to check with the rest of the community for alternatives before posting this as an Idea.

We have service accounts in AD that should not be imported or updated in SDM.  These have userids that begin with "z_".  They are excluded during pdm_ldap_import just fine. We also have customers who should be imported but never updated by location (office in AD) as to being active or inactive.  They are always handled manually in SDM.

We would like to use one command to handle this, for example:

pdm_ldap_sync –l “userid = ?” –c “userid != ‘z_%' OR location != 'First Street'”  // This is NOT supported.

The current workaround is to let the utility update these and then run a SQL script to flip them back to inactive.

Thanks,

JW

• 2.  Re: Service Desk-Multiple filters for pdm_ldap_sync

Posted Oct 24, 2014 03:59 PM

Hi All - Any input here for JW? Thanks! Chris

J W wrote:

SDM r12.9

I posted this on the last SDM Office Hours chat (Re: Office Hours for CA Service Desk & Service Catalog, October 16 @ 10 AM ET) and it appears it is not possible to have multiple filters for one run of the utility.  I just want to check with the rest of the community for alternatives before posting this as an Idea.

We have service accounts in AD that should not be imported or updated in SDM.  These have userids that begin with "z_".  They are excluded during pdm_ldap_import just fine. We also have customers who should be imported but never updated by location (office in AD) as to being active or inactive.  They are always handled manually in SDM.

We would like to use one command to handle this, for example:

pdm_ldap_sync –l “userid = ?” –c “userid != ‘z_%' OR location != 'First Street'”  // This is NOT supported.

The current workaround is to let the utility update these and then run a SQL script to flip them back to inactive.

Thanks,

JW