CA Service Management

• 1.  Service Desk - CA Open Space reports

Posted Oct 22, 2014 12:20 PM

SDM r12.9

I posted this to the SDM Office hours chat last week (Re: Office Hours for CA Service Desk & Service Catalog, October 16 @ 10 AM ET).  We would like to integrate Open Space with SDM (and later perhaps with Service Catalog).  We are looking at how we can report on usage and specifically if a customer is able to resolve their questions without having to open a ticket (First Contact Resolution metrics).

I see we can integrate Knowledge Management from SDM and the knowledge docs have the option to query the user if the KD resolved their question but that is not the use case we need to report against.  If the Open Space community answers a question without the user opening a KD then how do we capture this and add compare it to other means of self service resolution?

Open Space does not use the MDB database and does not have any CA BI / BOXI reports out of the box.  I can not find any references to reports in the Open Space documentation.

As it stands, it would appear we would be better off just using the standard employee interface and encouraging customers to use the KM docs since we can measure their usage.

How are others using CA Open Space and reporting usage?

thanks,

JW

• 2.  Re: Service Desk - CA Open Space reports

Posted Oct 23, 2014 01:55 AM

Hi Jeff,

Since OpenSpace does not have a reporting feature, you may think of pulling reports directly from database using third party reporting tools which works with MySQL.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: Service Desk - CA Open Space reports

Posted Oct 23, 2014 11:32 AM

Thanks, Naveen.

I knew this was the case so I will open an Idea on this for a product enhancement.

If anyone else has experiences in reporting against Open Space, please let us know!

JW