Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration  for IIS

Posted Oct 23, 2014 03:29 PM

I have just installed the Policy Server on a Windows 2008 R2. I have completed the below steps

1. Configured Adminstration UI

2. Created Host Configuration Object

3. Created Agent and Agent Configuration Object

4. Installed IIS and Web Agent

During the confiuration of Web agent, it's not prompting me to select the "Virtual Sites " and on the web Server configuration summary, it's displaying

**** No Webserver was selected for configuration. ******

IS WebAgent Enabled:  YES

After I press the install button, I get the below error

The installation of CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration is finished, but some errors occurred during the install.  Please see the installation log for details.

Questions1

1.  Why it's not picking the IIS server on that server

2.  Why the Virtual Site option is not displayed

3. Where are the logs of this located to debug further

I feel that I am missing out some steps, can you please help me in this regard.

• 2.  Re: CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration  for IIS

Posted Oct 23, 2014 09:48 PM
    • What is the IIS version?
    • Application pool is running as 32-bit application or 64-bit application?
    • What is the webagent binary you used for installation?

• 3.  Re: CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration  for IIS

Posted Oct 24, 2014 11:10 AM

Thanks Wonsa03. Your questions prompted me to look at the support matrix and agent install files.

• 4.  Re: CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration  for IIS
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 24, 2014 12:09 AM

HI Samuel,

This normally happens due to one of the following reason :

- Unsupported platform (OS/Webserver combination ) by SiteMinder version that you are using

- Mismatch of bit level (e.g if your webserver is 64 bit and you try to install/configure 32 bit web agent)

As your OS is : Windows 2008 R2, I believe your webserver is :

IIS 7.5 64 bit

Please confirm if :

- you are installing a 64 bit version of SiteMinder web agent

- the version of the SiteMinder Web Agent supports this platform (check platform support matrix)

To troubleshoot, you will need to check the web agent installation and configuration logs located under "install_config_info" folder in the installation directory.

Hope this helps,

Ujwol

• 5.  Re: CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration  for IIS

Posted Oct 24, 2014 11:09 AM

Ujowl -  Thanks for the quick response. Your assessment was correct. I had a 32 bit agent installed on server with IIS 64 bit.

• 6.  Re: CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration  for IIS

Posted Oct 24, 2014 12:43 PM

Ujowl/Wonsa-  Installation and configuration of Web Agent completed successfully but when I launch any pages under the website, agent is not intercepting the traffic. I have checked the ISAPI filters and it has both 64 and 32 bit siteminder agent.  How do I force the challenge screen so that user will be forced to enter creds? I am assume this should be configured at policy level

• 7.  Re: CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration  for IIS

Posted Oct 26, 2014 05:37 PM

Please enable webagent trace and check if request is intercepted. If request is not intercepted, it could mean that you are running 64-bit LLAWP but application is running as 32-bit application.

If webagent intercepted the request, check if resource is protected. If it's not, do revise the policy setup,

• 8.  Re: CA SiteMinder Web Agent Configuration  for IIS

Posted Oct 27, 2014 07:54 AM

Titus,

please don't take this the wrong way, butthe basicness of your questions suggests formal training would be good.

as for the responses hre, i expect better from CA. as of R12.0 SP3 Agent for IIS 7.x and ALL 12.5 agents supporting this, the 32/64 are both supported for IIS only in the agent on the 64 bit package, which is required for the 64 bit OSes.

as for kicking in protection that's the basic stuff that would be covered in training.

a highlevel is that the agent, when enabled, checks ALL pages for protection with the policy server.

-Josh