Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, November 27, 2014 @ 10 AM UK Time

• 1.  CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, November 27, 2014 @ 10 AM UK Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 03:52 AM

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Project and Portfolio Management? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA PPM. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for one hour Thursday, November 27th @ 10 AM UK time. NOTE - No audio is provided and all Q&A happens via online chat, making it a truly ‘fun’ event.

What type of questions should you ask?

• General Product Questions
    • Best practices
    • Commonly seen issues
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.
    • Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask? 

• Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead
    • Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click HERE: https://catechnologies.webex.com/catechnologies/j.php?ED=291672542&UID=497034517&RT=MiMyMQ%3D%3D to register, add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM EMEA Office Hours, November 27, 2014 @ 10 AM UK Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2014 08:03 AM

from Reeti Bhargava to Everyone:

Do we have audio too for this meet?

from Shyam Beerakayala (CA) to Everyone:

Hi Reeti, there is no audio

once we start the session, you can start asking the questions

from mridula to Everyone:

How we can migrate our changes without using xogs in Clarity 13.2

Good afternoon all, welcome to the first CA PPM EMEA office hours

we will wait for couple of minutes before we start the chat session

ok, lets start the chat

from Suman Pramanik (CA) to Everyone:

@Mridula: In 13.2 there is only one way to do via xog. In 14.1 we have something called content addin through which you can do it.

What all things can be migrated in 14.1

does it include custome attributes

from Martti Kinnunen to Everyone:

Can you XOG in proposed ETC. If you can in which version? Do you do that with timesheet XOG or project XOG or something else?

@mridula : yes you can migrate custom attributes too

if i update the custome attribute or portlet multiple times will there be any versions

from Namita Mishra to Everyone:

@Mridula: Yes, you can create the versions for your content package

What would be the best way to get rid of legacy invalid transaction entries no longer required in system.

can I xog out fiscal periods from entity(not time period)

@Martti: Do you mean the proposed ETC attrib utes?

from Miguel Ángel Cámara López to Everyone:

hi everybody. I'm still in 12.0 Clarity version. I was wondering if there is a manual or session to educate us in order to use Business Objects that comes with Clarity

from Vincent(CA) to Everyone:

@Reeti: to delete invalid transactions on the Project management page the support way is to remove them from the user interface

@mridula: Yes you have to xog out entity and include GL periods

@Namita what I mean is displayed also as Pending ETC on the timesheets.

@Miguel: There are few videos which can be used, however we request you to upgrade

@matti: We will get back to you on this.

from Susanna Viikki to Everyone:

I have a question about Portfolio management. In Portfolio Targets you have max amount of 25 specific roles that you add in to your portfolio. I’m interested to know how did CA came up to with this number. Is it only because of system performance or is there kind of best practice thought  behind it  that one should not have more than 25 roles in Clarity that are used in capacity planning?

@Namita There is a thread on the community message board. They guy tried everyhting without success.

What benefits are offered in 14.1 over 13.2? If you can point to any documenation, would be of great help.

@Reeti: In Clarity v14.1 we have introduced Studio Content management feature

@Susana: During the sprint reiews in 132. when portfolio was re written we got the feedback across the customers and we came in to that number.

@Reeti: This makes it easy to migrate few items from one env to another. Apart from this MSp integration performance is better. We have also introduced Clarity integration with Version One... This release also has Smart section feature

Suman, I know that we must change the version, but we have a lot of load of work and is not so easy. Anyway, does anybody know where can I access to that videos (Business Object education)?

@Reeti - You can get high level overview from CA Clarity PPM Release Notes of Clarity v14.1... This document can be downloaded from CA support site

@Martti - can you please share the community message board link, I will take a look

Can we upgrade from 13.2 to 14.1 directly or do we need to upgrade to 13.3 first

@Miguel: Some of the partners have the video, however CA education can assist but it should be for the supported version

@Mridula: Yes you can

I came to know that 14.1 will no longer come with BO reports instead of that it will be jaspersoft. and gives access to end users to create their own reports. how it works

from Supriya Chakraborty to Everyone:

@Supriyo: Jasper Soft is avilable from 14.2 Version ? Or it is there in 14.1

@mridula: No 14.1 still support CABI 3.3 SP 7 and doesn't support Jaspersoft

@supriya: Yes you are correct

mridula: Do you mean that if we develop reports in BO, they won´t be compatible with 14.x versions?

I am not sure how the current BO reports will work in Jasper as jasper is copatible with 14.2

@14.2 when it is expected to release ?

@Mridula: CABI is supported with Clarity 14.2 if you are an existing customer

@Supriyo:14.2 when it is expected to release ?

@Namita https://communities.ca.com/message/241722971#241722971

@Supriya: It is targetted for Q4

@Martti: Thanks Martti

@Supriya: That is Q4 of Calendar year 2014

In portfolio management Cost Targets one has Target and Distributed Target (and Distributed target Total). I understand technically what these targets are and how they work but I would like to know the thought behind Target and Distributed Target? Why to have both fields? How does CA recommend to use them (keep them in sync, update the target only once and after that update only Distributed fields…)? Whats the benefit for the customer to have many targets fields?

how earn value works in Clarity without using EV accelarator

@Shyam Are you going to post this chat on the global CA PPM community discussions?

@Martti: Yes we will post in community

@Susana: The advantage of having the Distributed Target is that now you can see the planned cost for the portfolio investments as it scales over time (weekly, monthly, quarterly) within the portfolio horizon.

@Susana: In real time the cost will not be same across different weeks \ months etc..... so Distributed Target enables you to define the different values for different weeks, months

@Mridula: It does work, however you won't be able to use the reports/portets provided with the accelerator pack

from Sharat Kunduru(CA) to Everyone:

@Martti - did u try using assignmentPendingEstimate in the Timesheet XOG..this field should contain the Pending ETC in application..

@Sharat Yes the guy says he tried.

If i need to generat EV value what are the requirments that first i need to feed in

@Martti - ok..i will check the Communities thread u sent and update accordingly later...

@Sharat @Namita Thanks

@Namita yes i get that. But why do i have the target field?  What was the tought to keep the "one number" target field at the Targest tab? If deving the cost is the reason then i see that there is no need to have Target field, neither the variance. Why do I as customer would like to see those different target fields?

@Susana: Basically Target field is used to mention the aggregated planned cost for the portfolio investments. This is your initial aggregate of the CAPEX and OPEX.

@Susana: As and when you change the value for a particular week or month then your Distrubuted Target field also changes

@Susana: Note: That you have a Variance field present that gives you a difference between what you have planned initially (Target) and what changes in cost has happened (Distributed Target)

Is there a way to change the report type from PDF to say excel  in the url being sent out in email for scheduled reports that have already been run.

@Susana: Hope this helps

@Reeti: Currently its not possible with CABI, but with Jaspersoft you would be able to

@Namita: are you saying that target field is ment to be used as kind of "baseline" of targets? That user can in away keep in track if the thas been changed / changes?

@Supriyo: Can we add  ur custom links to default link list available in the Queries while devloping a portlet in V13.1.Like I want to link the transaction page ,that link is not available

from Pratyush (CA) to Everyone:

@mridula: I am giving a list of -pre-requisites for Earned value calculations to work correctly and provide useful information

from Pratyush (CA) to Everyone:

1.    Valid Rate matrix

2.    Resources financially enabled

3.    Valid rates for user in matrix

4.    Projects financially enabled

5.    Tasks defined and scheduled

6.    Resources assigned to tasks and ETCs defined

7.    Project should be baselined

8.    Views updated to display earned value data (if desired)

a.    Task list page

b.    Baseline list page

9.    Run all the financial processing jobs:

a.    Post Timesheets

b.    Post transactions to Financials

c.    Post to WIP

d.    Import Financial Actuals

10.    Run the Earned Value related jobs

@Susana: Basically Target shows you the sum of CAPEX and opex values that are entered in the Portfolios Properties page... You can change either capital or operating cost and target will be updated.

@Supriyo - you cannot add custom links to default links in NSQL..but what you can do as a workaround(if you want to link from a portlet to a Clarity page whose link is not available) is to create a html portlet which redirects to the transaction page and then put this portlet in a standard clarity page and from your NSQL create a link to this page.

@Reeti - In Jaspersoft there are 12 different output formats to get the reports. You can also email these reports to anyone not necessarily the recipient has to be a calid Clarity user

@Reeti: *valid Clarity user

@Supriyo - but please note that this is not a standard best practise..it is a workaround to overcome this specific problem..

@All: Trust you have enjoyed this session.

@All sure have thanks

@All: Now we will wrap up.... Thank You all for joining.

@Supriyo:Thanks Sharat

thanks all.. when is the next session planned

Next time if we can have a audio too it would be great

@All: It is planned as monthly activity... we will post the dates on communities site

thanks everybody. It's been very useful this first contact.

Thanks all ...

@Miguel: Thank You Miguel

rom Susanna Viikki to Everyone:

Thank you all!

@Suski Terkkuja projektitoimistosta Pitskusta

@Supriya: Thanks Supriya

@Martti Kiitti, siellako istut?

@martti kerro takasin, mietin teita usein!

@Martti: kiitos

@Suski Joo Peepin lähdettyä