Clarity

• 1.  Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 03:42 PM

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue with the access of a particular resource.

The resource has an active id in the test environment. But is not able to log in to the environment. I checked in the portal but the portal showed that no such active/deactive id is present in the portal. I tried to create the id with the email address, but the portal now shows that "Email address already taken" .

Request your assistance at the earliest.

Thanks

Sid

• 2.  Re: Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 03:56 PM

Hi Sid,

Here is what I suggest you do:

1.  Go to admin, resources and open the user that already has this email address.

2.  Change his username and/or email address to something else.  You may need to uncheck the External authentication option at the bottom of the page first.

3.  Create the user in the portal.

NOTE:  This will create a new user in Clarity.

NOTE 2:  If this still does not allow you to create a new user in the portal and you cannot find another user with that email address, please open a ticket with the On Demand team so that they can assist you.

4.  a.  If the first Clarity user does not have any activity that you need to keep track of you are done and he can use this new user in Clarity.  Skip to step 8.

b.  If the user does have information/activity in Clarity that you need to track, go to step 5.

5.  Inactivate the new user created by the portal.

6.  Change the username and email address to something other than the email address/username that you used for the first user. You may need to uncheck the External authentication option at the bottom of the page first.

7.  Change the username and email address back to the one you want.  Again you may need to uncheck external authentication again.

8.  If you needed to uncheck the external authentication box earlier, check it again and save.

Let me know if you need clarification on any of the above information.

Sincerely yours,

Jeanne Gaskill

Senior Support Engineer

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 04:06 PM

That is curious. I have never seen that error. Which Clarity version is that?

I've been in the habit of entering the same dummy email address for more than one user when email from Clarity are not used.

• 4.  Re: Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 04:34 PM

Hi urmas,

Its Clarity onDemand 13.3

Thanks

Sid

• 5.  Re: Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Posted Oct 31, 2014 12:48 AM

I guess, what Jeanne and Rob suggested should help resolve the issue

NJ

• 6.  Re: Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 04:35 PM

hey jeanne,

I will surely try that and update you if i need any other info about it..

Thanks

sid

• 7.  Re: Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 05:08 PM

Thanks Sid, must be different rule in Ondemand compared to On Premise.

• 8.  Re: Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 05:10 PM

Changing both the username and the email address may be overkill.  But I want to make sure we are taking care of all potential problems for the interaction between the portal and clarity.

Jeanne

• 9.  Re: Email address showing up in Test environment but not showing up in Portal ?

Posted Oct 30, 2014 05:17 PM

Have your On Demand administrator verify that the user in question has been granted access to Test environment.

As I recall, On Demand access is a two step process; 1) defined as a User in Clarity and 2) granted access to the specific On-Demand environment by the On-Demand administrator