CA Service Management

• 1.  How to change RequestedFor user in Service Catalog

Posted Nov 06, 2014 04:26 PM

Hi team.

I've designed some Forms in SC. Does anyone know how to change RequestedFor user field when the Request is in submitting range?. I mean, before submitting a Request, I need to change the System Form's RequestedFor user field, but using other userid value which is getting from a custom form of the Request.

Thanks!

Regards.

Robinson MORALES.

• 2.  Re: How to change RequestedFor user in Service Catalog

Posted Nov 10, 2014 01:13 PM

Hi All - Any suggestions here for Robinson? Thanks! Chris

ROBINSON MORALES wrote:

Hi team.

I've designed some Forms in SC. Does anyone know how to change RequestedFor user field when the Request is in submitting range?. I mean, before submitting a Request, I need to change the System Form's RequestedFor user field, but using other userid value which is getting from a custom form of the Request.

Thanks!

Regards.

Robinson MORALES.

• 3.  Re: How to change RequestedFor user in Service Catalog

Posted Nov 17, 2014 12:29 PM

You should be able to modify it via the javascript that is part of the form.  (We have used something similar to update the priority.)

_.request.requestedFor = _.user.id;

• 4.  Re: How to change RequestedFor user in Service Catalog

Posted Dec 01, 2014 12:48 PM

csi.robinson did this work for you?

• 5.  Re: How to change RequestedFor user in Service Catalog

Posted Dec 08, 2014 09:19 AM

Initially we solved this on the backend with soap calls to read and update the request header (using PAM).

However, we needed some of the values updated immediately so they could be used for queries to populate other form fields.  This syntax allowed us to make the changes prior to the initial submission.