Plex 2E

• 1.  CA Plex PRIME

Posted Nov 11, 2014 11:04 AM
      |   view attached

CA Technologies is also re-branding and re-packaging its lifecycle solutions into a “PRIME” line of

products intended to make them simpler for customers to purchase and consume.

https://www.ca.com/us/register/forms/collateral/taming-the-heterogeneity-beast.aspx

CA Plex PRIME: Also using a standardized single set of skills and development techniques, CA

Plex helps developers create client/server, web-based, service-oriented, character-based, batch, and

wireless device-based applications.

◦◦ NEW: Both products could previously build software components and are now enhanced to

build “restful” services as well. This preserves the investment for existing customers who have

built large “Genned” apps, which can now be broken down into smaller pieces and deployed as

SOA services.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: CA Plex PRIME

Posted Nov 11, 2014 11:44 AM

That's COOL ! 

• 3.  Re: CA Plex PRIME

Posted Nov 11, 2014 12:28 PM

Something else stated in that document that I found interesting -

"CA Gen PRIME and CA Plex PRIME: Model-based application generators accessible via the

Eclipse-based CA Gen Studio"

So CA Plex PRIME has a new UI? Or is that just marketing gibberish?

Crispin.

• 4.  Re: CA Plex PRIME

Posted Nov 11, 2014 12:51 PM

i sent that offline

"CA Gen PRIME and CA Plex PRIME: Model-based application generators accessible via the

Eclipse-based CA Gen Studio" to get some clarification.

But saw lots of new ui eclipse mentioned and it is something CA Plex IDE been asked for Edge Forum Archive - [Edge] Advantage Plex Enhancements - improved synonyms

But i think its marketing gibberish as its a huge job to rewrite the ide...and there is zero chance of it...absolutely zero zero zero zero chance (see what I have done is set myself up to look silly when hopefully they say YES we have put a new eclipse UI onto plex.....)

• 5.  Re: CA Plex PRIME

Posted Nov 12, 2014 05:48 AM

The doc says: "accessible"... not "integrated into"  ;-)

• 6.  Re: CA Plex PRIME

Posted Nov 12, 2014 06:56 AM

• 7.  Re: CA Plex PRIME

Posted Nov 14, 2014 10:31 AM

Hey folks,

So...CA Plex Prime, at this point, is really just a change in name.

There is no enhancement around Eclipse for Plex.

Moreover, the RESTful service support will be facilitated by CA App Services Orchestrator (not yet GA).

if anyone wants to join the agile collaboration program for CA App Services Orchestrator you can register here ca.com/aso

Cheers,

Simon

Simon Cockayne

Sr Principal Product Manager

Product Owner: CA App Services Orchestrator / CA Plex / CA 2E

Twitter: @simoncockayne

CA Technologies | 2291 Wood Oak Dr. | Herndon, VA 20171-2823

Office: +1 703 708 3042 | simon.cockayne@ca.com