IT Process Automation

• 1.  Process Automation can't read mail from an IMAP-SSL server

Posted Nov 13, 2014 01:46 PM

We have a process that reads email from an IMAP mailbox.  It works properly when using a non-SSL IMAP server, using the Email connector.  However, it throws an error when trying to do the same thing to a SSL enabled IMAP server.  The error message indicates it can't find the trusted certification path.  So we extracted the certificate for the signer of the IMAP-SSL server's certificate, and imported that, using keytool, into the cacerts files in the JRE/JDK on the PAM servers system.

No luck, though.  Does anybody know if PAM uses an alternative truststore?

• 2.  Re: Process Automation can't read mail from an IMAP-SSL server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 13, 2014 04:21 PM

You may have already done this but I would like to confirm.  Please make sure "IMAP-SSL" is selected in the dropdown under the Mail Server Login Parameters for your e-mail operator.  By default IMAP would be selected.  Thank you.

• 3.  Re: Process Automation can't read mail from an IMAP-SSL server

Posted Nov 13, 2014 08:22 PM

Hi, I ran into the same issue as you do not long ago.

Being unable to make it work on PAM directly I took a more pragmatic approach and had another little tool "wrap" the connection for me (stunnel: Home)

Just install it on the PAM server. Very easy to setup. Just add these lines in the config file:

[my-imap]

client = yes

accept = 127.0.0.1:143

connect = *********:993

Have your PAM process use the IP 127.0.0.1:143  (IMAP)  and point the "connect" option to the real mail server (IP or name) on port 993.

Happy coding.

Nic.

• 4.  Re: Process Automation can't read mail from an IMAP-SSL server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2015 05:05 PM

Mark,

Did you ever get this working?  We've got a similar situation, but the error we're seeing indicates that the truststore can't be read.

• 5.  Re: Process Automation can't read mail from an IMAP-SSL server

Posted Apr 17, 2017 04:03 PM

I also need this. We need  IMAP over port 993 using TLS 1.2