Clarity

• 1.  CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2014 12:13 AM

Very often we hear concerns raised like -

MY TIMESHEET IS IN POSTED STATUS BUT I DON'T SEE ALL THE HOURS IN THIS TIMESHEET IN INVALID TRANSACTIONS LIST (IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT TABLE) OR IN READY FOR POST TO WIP LIST (PPA_TRANSCONTROL) OR IN PPA_WIP TABLE!!

or

MY ACTUAL HOURS ARE MISSING!!

or

ACTUALS MISSING IN WIP (PPA_WIP)

When the post timesheet job runs, the PRTIMEENTRY.PRRMEXPORTED column flags to 1 and the timesheet record moves to imp_transactionimport table(Invalid Transactions list). But for various reasons like project against which the timesheet is logged is financial closed or if the Resource trackmode got changed to a value other than Clarity, then the PRRMEXPORTED will remain as 0 and the timesheet record is not promoted to Invalid Transaction list.

As of now, from the GUI, there is no way to check if a record is stuck in PRRMEXPORTED=0 for a posted timesheet other than checking from backend tables.This is not going to help a PMO or Application Administrator who does not have access to DB or someone who is not so expertised in writing queries and pulling data from DB.

Attached is the query and portlet XML which you can either run directly in DB or XOG into the system and use it as a portlet.

We also have a KB article created for this with more details

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1149227.aspx

If you feel, its great to have an OOTB portlet to show thr Invalid Timesheets, go to the below IDEA and vote for this

OOTB Portlet to display the posted timesheet but with records PRRMEXPORTED = 0

Disclaimer: This is an initial query and has not been tested as per CA Standards. You can use this as an example and build on top of this. Suggestions for improvement are welcome both here and in the IDEA.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP

Posted Nov 18, 2014 12:31 AM

Thanks for sharing this useful info, Jerin

NJ

• 3.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP

Posted Nov 19, 2014 01:27 PM

Thanks for sharing this tip with the community Jerin!

Jerin Sebastian wrote:

Very often we hear concerns raised like -

MY TIMESHEET IS IN POSTED STATUS BUT I DON'T SEE ALL THE HOURS IN THIS TIMESHEET IN INVALID TRANSACTIONS LIST (IMP_TRANSACTIONIMPORT TABLE) OR IN READY FOR POST TO WIP LIST (PPA_TRANSCONTROL) OR IN PPA_WIP TABLE!!

or

MY ACTUAL HOURS ARE MISSING!!

or

ACTUALS MISSING IN WIP (PPA_WIP)

When the post timesheet job runs, the PRTIMEENTRY.PRRMEXPORTED column flags to 1 and the timesheet record moves to imp_transactionimport table(Invalid Transactions list). But for various reasons like project against which the timesheet is logged is financial closed or if the Resource trackmode got changed to a value other than Clarity, then the PRRMEXPORTED will remain as 0 and the timesheet record is not promoted to Invalid Transaction list.

As of now, from the GUI, there is no way to check if a record is stuck in PRRMEXPORTED=0 for a posted timesheet other than checking from backend tables.This is not going to help a PMO or Application Administrator who does not have access to DB or someone who is not so expertised in writing queries and pulling data from DB.

Attached is the query and portlet XML which you can either run directly in DB or XOG into the system and use it as a portlet.

We also have a KB article created for this with more details

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1149227.aspx

If you feel, its great to have an OOTB portlet to show thr Invalid Timesheets, go to the below IDEA and vote for this

OOTB Portlet to display the posted timesheet but with records PRRMEXPORTED = 0

Disclaimer: This is an initial query and has not been tested as per CA Standards. You can use this as an example and build on top of this. Suggestions for improvement are welcome both here and in the IDEA.

• 4.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2014 02:16 PM

Thanks, Jerin.

The information and attachments you have provided helps out our customers.

The other areas to that can be checked to make sure the timesheet transactions can become financial transactions:

-timeperiod open?

-resource financially-active?

-timeentry exported to financials?

-resource open for time entry?

-track mode clarity?

-investment active?

-investment approved?

-investment financial status open?

-investment open for time entry?

• 5.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2014 07:49 PM

Hi Tuan,

Almost all these conditions are checked in the query & portlet. The portlet & query is also designed to show each of these conditions and whether they are met or not. I have attached the query as well as the portlet xml in the KB and in tech tip above, so customers can use one of them to identify the stuck timesheets. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 6.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP

Posted Feb 11, 2015 02:37 AM

We had been having issues on missing actuals for long, this post comes in time as a cure for our centuaries long headache.

Many thanks to Jerin for sharing this.

Just for a further enquiry, after we fix all the issue, which field should we patch so the timesheet will get re-post again ?

TS_STATUS(PR_STATUS) from 4 to 3 ?

• 7.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:18 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.

You dont need to make any changes in the DB.

Check each column in the query results, correct them, wait for few minutes and run the Post Timesheet job and you should see them in invalid transactions list as NEW.

Let me know if you are finding some difficulty.

Thanks,

Jerin

• 8.  Re: CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: How to identify "Invalid Timesheets" or Actuals missing in WIP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:22 PM

dl.l2.clarity.support

Also, I have attached the portlet XML XOG in this thread. If this is an on going issue for you, xog in this portlet and give the project and resource managers access to the portlet and have them check it whenever actuals are missing and correct what ever needs to be corrected. This should reduce the burden on you.

Thanks,

Jerin