CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM 12.9 federated search with windows aunthentication

Posted Nov 18, 2014 10:21 AM

Hi All,

We are  working on federated search implementation and it is mentioned in the documentation that the federated search requires "Basic Authentication"
    to be enabled on the share point server. Due to security concerns we can not  enable the Basic Authentication.

Is there anyway we can configure the share point adapter?

Thanks

Lova

• 2.  Re: SDM 12.9 federated search with windows aunthentication

Posted Nov 20, 2014 02:29 AM

Hi Lova,

This what documentation says "The CA SDM Repository Daemon uses proprietary BOPSID security not directly supported by SharePoint. Specify any user ID and password or choose Anonymous Access if that option is available in your version of SharePoint." So if that option is not there, I think there is no option to create crawl rule. If anyone has an idea to achieve it, pls reply to this thread.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: SDM 12.9 federated search with windows aunthentication

Posted Dec 19, 2014 05:43 AM

Hello Lovaraju_KB,

As per the documentation and Naveen, you need Basic Authentication for the Federated Search to work with SDM 12.9.

However, is this a concern? Wouldn't your SharePoint and your SDM be behind firewalls?

If my understanding is right (And it may not be on this point, but putting it out there to prompt discussion) it is the SDM application communicating to the SharePoint server that uses this. It isn't the end users on their web browsers going straight to the Sharepoint(???).

Putting on Wireshark may help to answer this if you wish to test.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: SDM 12.9 federated search with windows aunthentication

Posted Dec 19, 2014 09:36 AM

In our situation Basic authentication is not supported because our SharePoint is hosted as part of our O365 environment with Microsoft. With SharePoint in the cloud and 2-factor authentication in place it is impossible for us to use the Federated Search feature of SDM 12.9 with SharePoint as it is offered today.

• 5.  Re: SDM 12.9 federated search with windows aunthentication

Posted Dec 22, 2014 07:06 PM

Hello,

Unless someone has a cunning workaround, you're right.

I checked the r14.1 documentation, and the same caveat applies.

I recommend logging an Idea and cross-referencing to this post.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 6.  Re: SDM 12.9 federated search with windows aunthentication

Posted Aug 27, 2015 11:20 AM

Hi Naveen,

We are having the same issue. Our security team is not ready to enable the basic authentication in SharePoint and it is against their policy. I know this thread is from 2014, but just wanted to check now if CA is currently working on any enhancement to support additional authentication methods with respect to Service Desk knowledge integration with SharePoint.

Thanks,

J

• 7.  Re: SDM 12.9 federated search with windows aunthentication

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2015 03:23 PM

Hi Jeevan,

Unfortunately, this is a limitation at this time.  This is a very good Idea that community members could vote on for consideration?

_R

• 8.  Re: SDM 12.9 federated search with windows aunthentication

Posted Sep 01, 2015 08:46 PM

I don't think anyone has made an Idea for this yet?

If they have, please provide the link in this thread so that it may be followed and voted on.

Thanks, Kyle_R.