CA Service Management

• 1.  Setting up Attachment repository with Advanced Availability and Load Balancer

Posted Nov 20, 2014 04:23 PM

Environment:

1 Background

1 Standby

2 Application servers behind a load balancer

I have setup the Server records for the application servers to use https:\\load_balancer_alias:8686/CAisd/UploadServlet as the Attachment Servlet Path.  This does not seem to work as I receive a 404 page not found error.

Has anyone setup SDM 12.9 AA with application server behind a load balancer and configure the attachment repository?  I have the UNC path configured and the credentials setup.

If I change the repository to use Background Services:  Daemon Only, Servlet Server:  one of the app servers, Repository Server:  Background Server, I can upload attachments to tickets but I get an Authentication Error message when I try to view the attachment. 

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Setting up Attachment repository with Advanced Availability and Load Balancer

Posted Nov 26, 2014 01:57 PM

Hi All - Any ideas here for Kevin? Thanks! Chris

Kevin Gerber wrote:

Environment:

1 Background

1 Standby

2 Application servers behind a load balancer

I have setup the Server records for the application servers to use https:\\load_balancer_alias:8686/CAisd/UploadServlet as the Attachment Servlet Path.  This does not seem to work as I receive a 404 page not found error.

Has anyone setup SDM 12.9 AA with application server behind a load balancer and configure the attachment repository?  I have the UNC path configured and the credentials setup.

If I change the repository to use Background Services:  Daemon Only, Servlet Server:  one of the app servers, Repository Server:  Background Server, I can upload attachments to tickets but I get an Authentication Error message when I try to view the attachment.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3.  Re: Setting up Attachment repository with Advanced Availability and Load Balancer

Posted Dec 19, 2014 05:26 AM

Hello Kevin,

Sorry - I don't have that setup.

You may wish to follow up with the authors of these (CA internal) threads:

SDM 12.9 Advanced Availability

Re: How to do load balancing in 12.9 ?

There is a patch for 404 errors on SDM 12.9, but I don't think it has anything to do with your scenario. Mentioning it though just in case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRODUCT: Unicenter Service Desk RELEASE: 12.9

PROB #: 2770 FN: T52Y213 FT: D33 DATE: 22 Mar 2014

STARTRAK PRODUCT NAME: USRD (Star Problem Product)

PROBLEM SYMPTOM: WIN-OPENING THE ATTACHED FILE TO THE TICKET MAY GI

----------------------------------------------------

When a file is attached to a ticket which is not

yet saved, opening the attachment may fail with

the following error message:

"HTTP Status 404 - /CAisd/servlet_path"

The attachment can be successfully opened after

the ticket is saved.

It is included in SDM 12.9 Cumulative Patch 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Kyle_R.