Clarity

• 1.  blanked task ID

Posted Nov 25, 2014 03:19 PM

We're trying to run a transaction using Clarity web interface, but it's necessary to choose a task. The problem is that the task ID of all tasks are blanked/null and some tasks has a duplicated name. Is there a way to configure clarity to set task ID field for all tasks?

task_selection.png

• 2.  Re: blanked task ID

Posted Nov 25, 2014 04:14 PM

Not afterwards, but beforehand you can do that with autonumering.

Afterwards you can open the project plan in OWB and display fields that allow you to distinguish the tasks and then type an ID for those.

In the database even if the "external ID" field is blank there is a value for prid and pruid in prtask table.

• 3.  Re: blanked task ID

Posted Nov 26, 2014 06:12 AM

What field is showed in the transaction screem? Is the external ID field or other? What field should I use in XOG to write the transactions? We're using an excel sheet that generates this code to send the transactions to clarity, but it's using the task id field, that apparently is blank. I don't know if I populate with the blank field or with other value, like the prid that you mentioned.

<Transaction voucherNumber="20141125" groupId ="1" projectID ="cssdsd" taskID ="5424118" resourceID ="tb_capexdesenv" roleID ="tb_capex_desenv" inputTypeCode="tb_nao_labor" transactionClass="CAPEX" chargeCode="CAPEX" transactionDate ="2014-11-06" externalID="ABC" transactionType="M" units ="23978.88" actualCostRate ="1" actualCostRateCurrency ="BRL" billRate="1" billRateCurrency="BRL" notes ="nota fiscal nº 2535" chargeable ="0" importStatus ="N"/>

• 4.  Re: blanked task ID

Posted Nov 26, 2014 06:17 AM

I've read on documentation that the expected value for task ID is "Valid task Id (pass the internal Database ID here)". Is there a way to access this information in MSP or Gantt Clarity?

• 5.  Re: blanked task ID

Posted Nov 26, 2014 07:33 AM

Sorry, you do not get the internal task database ID prtask.prid in MSP or Gantt nor atask object based portlet.

A query based portlet displays it easily.

SELECT 

prid, prexternalid, prname, prprojectid

from prtask