AnsweredAssumed Answered

Capacity Management

Question asked by CMCN1982 on Nov 27, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 by navzjoshi00

I have a support case open for this but thought I'd check in with the community for some ideas also,

We have been informed by the business that we can expect up to 1000 extra users in 2015.

From an infrastructure point of view, my team has been asked to review the existing config, as well as provide a proposal for additional hardware if necessary.

What are the key factors for consideration?

The new users will be geographically dispersed - some in the US, some in Europe and some in Japan.

Currently we have 6 application servers in a webfarm which is load balanced to spread user access evenly among the six servers.

Our total DB size is around 370GB.

The obvious concerns are storage, memory, CPU, possible additional server requirements etc

I envisage that we will be holding conversations with CA, DBA's, Developers soon to establish these requirements.

Have any other community members experienced demand for additional users such as this? I would be interested to hear your approaches, any issues faced or advice you could give to accommodate additional users such as in our case. Thanks.

Outcomes