CA Service Management

• 1.  Remove Type Field From Change Calendar ?

Posted Nov 30, 2014 05:56 PM

We do not use "Type" on the Change Order form. Therefore I want it removed from the monthly view from the Change Calendar.

calendar.png

I think it is related to this piece of code in the list_chgsched_config.htmpl form.

</PDM_IF>

<script type="text/javascript">
    // Group change orders by change type (normal, standard, emergency)
    function setSchedEvents( chg )
    {
      var grpnum;
      switch( chg.chgtype - 0 ) {
        case 100: grpnum = schedGroup_std;  break;
        case 300: grpnum = schedGroup_emer; break;
        default:  grpnum = schedGroup_norm; break;
      }
      chg.schedEvent( grpnum, chg.sched_start_date, chg.sched_end_date );
    }

<PDM_IF 0>

My preference would be to replace Change Order Type with Change Order Category. I tried modifying the case statement to use chg.category with no success. I don't know where the values schedGroup_std, schedGroup_emer & schedGroup_norm come from they don't appear when running a pdm_extract usp_change_type and I cannot see their reference in the schedule_chg.js or list_chgsched.htmpl forms.

Any advice ?

Thanks

Stuart

• 2.  Re: Remove Type Field From Change Calendar ?

Posted Dec 02, 2014 06:59 PM

Perhaps a work around would be to create Type fields to match Category then some sort of post save trigger to make Type=Category.

Anyone know to write the spel code to achieve that ?

• 3.  Re: Remove Type Field From Change Calendar ?

Posted Jan 25, 2015 06:33 PM

Has anyone out there customized their Change Calendar ? Since we don't use the 'Type' field or Configuration Items it is not used by our Analysts. I would like it to be, so if I could work out how to remove those from the view it might be worthwhile.

• 4.  Re: Remove Type Field From Change Calendar ?

Posted Mar 23, 2015 12:01 AM

Any ideas out there on this? Our staff are just not using the Change Calendar, I need to make it usable by removing the type field.

• 5.  Re: Remove Type Field From Change Calendar ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2015 12:57 AM

Hi Stuart,

There is a config file for the Change Calendar:

NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www\htmpl\web\analyst\list_chgsched_config.htmpl

Have a look at this. you may be able to exclude the type from being displayed. Remember to copy it to NX_ROOT\site\mods.... if you make any changes to the file.

Regards,

Gordon.

• 6.  Re: Remove Type Field From Change Calendar ?

Posted Apr 15, 2015 12:10 AM

I haven't worked out the behaviour of the Change Calendar. Because we dont' use CMDB or the Change Order field "Type" it is almost unusable.  Can anyone shed some light on what form/code controls the "Day", "Week" & "Month" views?

As you can see from screenshots from our production system the Change Calendar not easy to read at all.

calendar2.png

calendar.png

• 7.  Re: Remove Type Field From Change Calendar ?

Posted Jun 18, 2015 04:47 PM

The answer is most likely within the file "ROOT\bopcfg\www\wwwroot\scripts\schedule.js", anyone out there modified this to alter their Change Calendar ?