CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Autofill Assignee field

• 1.  Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 03, 2014 11:51 AM

Hi guys

In SDesk 12.5 I like to implement a custom REQUEST (cr) forms for EMPLOYEEs that meets any to goals:

Option A:: Autofill ASSIGNEE field with the current user logged

Option B:: using DROPDOWN or LOOKUP object permits to fill ASSIGNEE field by selecting a member by current GROUP

At the moment don’t have successful. Could you help me to?

Thank you in advance!!

• 2.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 03, 2014 02:20 PM

After

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlStart>

place the following code

<PDM_IF "$prop.form_name_3" == "edit" && "$args.id" == "0">

<input type="hidden" name="SET.assignee" value="$cst.id">

</PDM_IF>

• 3.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 03, 2014 04:12 PM

Hi Gutis

It’s a first way tried, but don’t work.

Remember: I try this by EMPLOYEE side.

I’m using request_status_change.htmpl and adding ASSIGNEE field to this form, just auto fill don’t work but works if typing a value for ASSIGNEE.

Regards

• 4.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 03, 2014 04:19 PM

So you need not only assign incident to logged in user but also show him Assignee field populated with his combo name?

• 5.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 03, 2014 04:27 PM

No, the idea to this implementation is that the current user self-taking the ticket (by assignee) or that could be selecting a member in function to the current group.

Do you get me?

• 6.  Re: Autofill Assignee field
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 03, 2014 04:36 PM

So you need to make logged in employee an assignee for the ticket by using request_status_change.htmpl form? If yes then putting  <input type="hidden" name="SET.assignee" value="$cst.id"> to the right place of the form should do the trick, and after save assignee field will be populated. Of course first of all you need to take assignee field out of the form and leave only this hidden input.

• 7.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 04, 2014 10:50 AM

Hi Gutis

to this way works and i could be to say that this issue is partially solved because i like that shows current user in ASSIGNEE field. It’s possible or definitely don’t?

So, how could be apply a Dropdown object that shows member based to current ticket group?

Regards

• 8.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 04, 2014 11:06 AM

I think this is not possible since users that are not licensed will not be able to list contacts. Not licensed user can see only his own contact. You can try to implement some custom java class that will login to web services with analyst account and retrieve list of the ticket group members. Also You can use REST API but I think it is subject to the same license restriction.

• 9.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 05, 2014 08:44 AM

ok, thank you

• 10.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 03, 2014 04:17 PM

Let me see if I understand. Is the employee is choosing the analyst?

Have you thought about setting the automatic assignment in the Area of Incident/Problem/Request?

• 11.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 03, 2014 04:22 PM

Hi Marcos, in another words is as an employee is choosing the analyst, good point of view . To this case i don't required use automatic assignment.

Regards

• 12.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 05, 2014 08:13 AM

OOTB the Analyst field can only be set with users that have a Contact Type = Analyst. Since you are Employee at the time you do not fulfill the requirement. 

Do you need this to be done everytime an Employee creates a ticket? If yes, perhaps you could try using a data-partition?

• 13.  Re: Autofill Assignee field

Posted Dec 05, 2014 08:44 AM

ok, thank you