IT Process Automation

• 1.  Unable to close SDM tickets

Posted Dec 08, 2014 01:26 PM

SDM 12.7 Cumulative 2 and PAM 4.1.

I'm having problems with closing SDM tickets when trying to use either the Close Ticket, Close Request operators or if trying to invoke the method through SOAP web services.  Note all three operators show that they complete successfully.  They all return an Activity Log handle.  That handle is reserved in the database table but there is no corresponding entry.  The ticket status does not change.    I can create tickets and log comments on those tickets via other web services calls without problems.

• 2.  Re: Unable to close SDM tickets

Posted Dec 08, 2014 07:50 PM

• 3.  Re: Unable to close SDM tickets

Posted Dec 08, 2014 07:55 PM

Hi Derekj,

I would suggest you try closing the ticket using webservices tool such as SOAP. This would help us understand if the issue is at the SDM or with the operators. Also, export the process to XML and reply back by attaching it to the thread. I'll load it in house and review the operators.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 4.  Re: Unable to close SDM tickets

Posted Dec 09, 2014 11:34 AM

I don't know if you mean a different tool like SOAPUI or a different operator like the generic SOAP web services.  The generic SOAP web services operator behaves the same as the SDM Close Ticket and Close Request opeators.  XML is attached.  Thanks for your time.

Derek-

<?xml

• 5.  Re: Unable to close SDM tickets

Posted Dec 09, 2014 12:31 PM

Hi Derek,

I think Naveen is asking that you to try SoapUI or some other 3rd party application to help diagnose if this is an issue with PAM or with Service Desk.  From the description you've given, it sounds like the issue may be with Service Desk.

Thanks,

Tom