Service Operations Insight

• 1.  SDM location attribute visibility in SOI using the SDM connector

Posted Dec 11, 2014 09:22 AM

We have a requirement to reflect (import) the correct SDM location property using the SDM connector to be used in Goggle Earth. At the moment the imported IT Service CI "Location" field is blank. Is this supported and is so which SDM Attribute should be updated?

• 2.  Re: SDM location attribute visibility in SOI using the SDM connector

Posted Dec 12, 2014 09:16 AM

You know what I mean Google Earth

• 3.  Re: SDM location attribute visibility in SOI using the SDM connector

Posted Mar 02, 2015 08:23 AM

Hi Christo,

Location on a CI is a reference to the location table. So this is just a UUID field the actual CI. This implies the location record must exist in the location table before can use it or reference it on a CI. I think the field name is called location. At database level it is called location_uuid.

Does this answer your query?

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: SDM location attribute visibility in SOI using the SDM connector

Posted Apr 18, 2015 09:02 AM

I took a different course of action and used the WSSAMCICMD command to update the "item_department" property in SOI

• 5.  Re: SDM location attribute visibility in SOI using the SDM connector

Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:46 AM

Thanks for the info Christo. If this is resolved, please mark this post as answered ;-)

• 6.  Re: SDM location attribute visibility in SOI using the SDM connector

Posted Apr 20, 2015 07:49 AM

Hi Brian, Christo has used a fairly manual method  to add the location to a CI in SOI, what will happen to the location info  the next time we import the service CI's  into SOI?  We currently import all our services into SOI from CA CMDB.