Plex 2E

• 1.  Is there a way to drag and drop files in Plex apps

Posted Dec 11, 2014 01:14 PM

Hi,

I've made program where you can select a file and the system copy this file to a new location an rename it. It support jpg, html, doc, xls, pdf, msg

I would like to get the same functionnalities but with the drag and drop. I would like to be able to drag a file from my PC or from outlook and drop it in my Plex app.

I currently use darg and drop between two plex grid but I'm not able to use the way I've just describe.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks

Alexandre

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to drag and drop files in Plex apps

Posted Dec 11, 2014 04:40 PM
    • From a CA Plex-generated application to any other OLE-enabled Windows application (and vice versa). OLE-enabled applications include Microsoft Office applications and many components of the Windows user interface.
    • Look up 'Setting up a Drop Target'
    • For more information, see GetIncomingData API  or  WINAPI/GetOLEData

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to drag and drop files in Plex apps
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 12, 2014 03:49 AM

did a quick test. Works for TEXT....(WINAPI/GetOLEData uses CF_TEXT format)

Drag and drop some selected text from a outlook mail and drop it onto a plex panel.

But drag an attached mail file the WINAPI/GetOLEData returns nothing..was hoping a fullpath or something but probably it is the binary object..

you will need to create your own source to mimic what CA Plex runtime does.. 'ObDragDropAPI::GetIncomingData(&(1:));'  

And people have tried:

Edge Forum Archive - [Edge] Advantage Plex Tips & Techniques - File drag and drop

WayneMorgan can help Edge Forum Archive - [Edge] Advantage Plex Family - OLE Filename Text from Explorer

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to drag and drop files in Plex apps

Posted Jul 20, 2017 04:03 AM

Dear all,

We need to implement the drag and drop from the file system to a Plex  generated WinC panel, as Alexandre in the original post for this thread.

Unfortunately the links quoted by George are not available.

UK2.NET

This Site Is Unavailable

Has the Edge forum bee scrapped? 

In any case I would appreciate to hear if there are any experiences / soultions around with dropping files on Plex panels.

Thanks

Simon

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to drag and drop files in Plex apps

Posted Jul 20, 2017 06:12 AM