AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  ldap automation groups

Posted Dec 15, 2014 09:30 AM

Ever since moving a user from a local user to an ldap user, I'm getting this error:

$ autorep -J BSCScsfadmREPL # check status of CSFADM replication job

CAUAJM_E_10004 Error retrieving current user and machine.

CAUAJM_E_50242 Failed to establish communication with the CA WAAE Application Server (DEV).

I cannot find any documentation on how to configure Workload Automation AE to be able to see LDAP users and groups.  

Anyone know where I can configure this at?

• 2.  Re: ldap automation groups

Posted Jan 23, 2015 11:50 AM

Anybody have any knowledge to offer to Joe?

Thank you

• 3.  Re: ldap automation groups

Posted Jul 04, 2016 05:47 AM

With the latest version 11.3.6 I get the same problem.  I cannot use the CLT from standard users who are defined in the ldap. If I am the user autosys then the commands work

• 4.  Re: ldap automation groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 04, 2016 06:09 AM

Hi Joe,

I have seen this issue before - it was being caused by the 64 bit SSSD deployed on the client machine. To resolve the problem, have your system administrators deploy the 32 bit version.

I hope this helps.

• 5.  Re: ldap automation groups

Posted Jul 12, 2016 10:21 AM

Hi,

I got the 32bit SSSD installed on my linux machine but i am still facing the same issue.

• 6.  Re: ldap automation groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 01:17 PM

Hi Vinayak87,

I would recommend opening a support ticket. It sounds like you may have a configuration issue and we would need to take a look at your environment.

Thanks, Jameela

• 7.  Re: ldap automation groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 29, 2016 01:35 PM

The first thing to check is the /etc/nsswitch.conf file and see how it is configured for the passwd entry. The 32-bit SSSD client does resolve this issue, but only in cases where SSSD is what is configured in nsswitch.conf. If passwd entry is set to ldap, then you will also need to make sure you have the 32-bit OpenLDAP client installed.

• 8.  Re: ldap automation groups

Posted Jul 31, 2016 12:16 AM

Please check the owner (UID) of the $AUTOUSER/out directory and ensure that UID is valid on the LDAP server.

Previous suggestions to check for the 32bit SSSD libraries are valid too. Review the following KB article, if interested:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1389077.aspx

• 9.  Re: ldap automation groups

Posted Jul 31, 2016 12:37 AM

Thanks Guys for your suggestions. In the nsswitch.conf the accounts are configured to be authenticated by winbind instead of sssd in our environment. After the linux admins installed the samba client (samba-winbind-clients.i686
    ) for winbind the authentication issue was resolved.