Symantec IGA

• 1.  CA IdentityMinder Error 500: javax.servlet.Servlet,Exception: Filter [FacesFilter]: could not be initialized

Posted Dec 16, 2014 03:42 PM

We have installed CA Identity Minder 12.6 sp3 on IBM WebSphere 8.5.5. After a restart to the
    application server, on login to the IDM environment we receive below error message.

Error 500: javax.servlet.Servlet,Exception: Filter [FacesFilter]: could not be initialized

And this is the information we have in websphere logs

“Ecom.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp logServletError SRVE0293E: [Servlet
    Error]-[WebExtensionProcessor]: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories
    configured for this Application. This happens if the faces-initialization does
    not work at all - make sure that you properly include all configuration
    settings necessary for a basic faces application and that all the necessary
    libs are included. Also check the logging output of your web application and
    your container for any exceptions!

If you did that and find nothing, the mistake might be due to the fact that you use some special
    web-containers which do not support registering context-listeners via TLD files
    and a context listener is not setup in your web.xml.

A typical config looks like this;

<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>

</listener>”

Appreciate, if you guys could provide some guidance on troubleshooting this issue.

Note : Recently we have installed CA Business Intelligence to integrate to the Identity Minder reports.

• 2.  Re: CA IdentityMinder Error 500: javax.servlet.Servlet,Exception: Filter [FacesFilter]: could not be initialized

Posted Dec 16, 2014 04:25 PM

Here is additional information on this issue from SystemOut.log file after WAS restart:

Added FacesServlet with mappings=[/faces/*, *.jsf, *.faces]

[12/16/14 16:08:48:030 EST] 00000063 MyfacesConfig I   Starting up Tomahawk on the RI-JSF-Implementation.

[12/16/14 16:08:48:032 EST] 00000063 MyfacesConfig I   Starting up Tomahawk on the MyFaces-JSF-Implementation

[12/16/14 16:08:48:033 EST] 00000063 MyfacesConfig E   Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath. Please make sure to use only one of the two JSF-implementations.

[12/16/14 16:08:48:035 EST] 00000063 DefaultFacesC I   Reading standard config META-INF/standard-faces-config.xml

[12/16/14 16:08:48:126 EST] 00000063 Digester      E org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement End event threw exception

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: No such accessible method: addResourceHandler() on object: org.apache.myfaces.config.impl.digester.elements.Application

• 3.  Re: CA IdentityMinder Error 500: javax.servlet.Servlet,Exception: Filter [FacesFilter]: could not be initialized
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2014 09:01 AM

What we noticed is that the configuration of the castylesr5.1.1 application was setup for a JSF implementation of MyFaces2.0 in the console.   However the iam_im application was setup with a JSF configuration of SunRI1.2. Since it was likely that there was a collision due to 2 apps in the same JVM trying to load both JSF types, we changed the castylesr5.1.1 application to also use the SunRI1.2 application.

• 4.  RE: Re: CA IdentityMinder Error 500: javax.servlet.Servlet,Exception: Filter [FacesFilter]: could not be initialized

Posted Dec 23, 2020 05:32 AM

Hi Anon,

I am also getting the same error after deploying new ear with XLDeploy , can I know what is solution for this issue