Clarity

• 1.  Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 29, 2014 10:09 AM

Dear Experts,

I am not able to delete tasks which are duplicated , have EAC for one user(screen shot 1).

As per my understanding user created has Milestone then he updated as Deliverable and he tried to delete those as it was created by mistake But it is not succeed as it have the EAC.

Task start and end dates are 31/03/2015 but how EAC is appearing , user do not have any actuals and it is not came through normal month end process.

Can you please help me to understand how duplicate ids are created/accepted (task name, task id)

How the EAC is appearing .

How to remove EAC to delete tasks (if it is not possible from UI then how to delete from DB).

How I can check for which date this EAC is referring.

And please advise me if required any details (We are in 13.1 ).

I tried to update as Milestone but it is not accepted and giving  the error:"Duplicate task ids are not allowed"

Appreciate your As usual quick help..

Details from DB.

task details db.PNG

Details from Task list page:

task from task page.PNG

Details from Gantt(As per the gantt task are showing under deleted)

gantt1.PNG

Many thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Udaya

• 2.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 29, 2014 02:41 PM

Your data looks curious.

There is no problem having tasks with the same name, but the ID or external ID looks like you had Autonumbering on, but that should increment the ID and not allow one ID to be used for more than one task.

Even if you did not have autonumbering on it should not be possible to have the same ID more than once.and that is why you are getting the error:"Duplicate task ids are not allowed".

If you do not have autonumbering on change the ID first to unique and try that again.

I suspect you will an error about ETC or assignments.

EAC is estimate at completition that means EAC = (Actual + Estimate to Complete) × Billing Rate , and at the completition date.

However, your screenshots do not display EAC. What you have is pending ETC or proposed ETC for 8 hours and 16 hours. That should not be included in EAC or stop from deleting the tasks.

If you want to you can remove it  in assignment properties view.

None of your screenshots display Actuals which is the normal cause for not being able to delete tasks and when trying the tasks being moved to be under the phase Deleted tasks as is the case in your case.

Are there actuals on those tasks.

• 3.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 30, 2014 08:13 AM

Hi Urmas,

Those tasks have only one assignment and do not have any actuals, please find the below screen shots.

Only it having the EAC ,not able to identify why it have this EAC as there is no NLTs,Booking and Requisitions Etc.

Please advise me how I can trace this to find out the issue and how i can remove this EAC.

Many thanks in Advance.

tasks3.PNG

tasks 2.PNG

Regards,

Udaya

• 4.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 30, 2014 08:26 AM

Check for Pending Actuals, if any then return/adjust the timesheet.

• 5.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 30, 2014 08:55 AM

There is pending actuals according to the first screenshot in the first post.

When I wrote

"What you have is pending ETC or proposed ETC"

that was wrong. It is pending actuals.

The timesheets are not posted because that is pending. Go to the time sheets and return them if they are approved otherwise just remove the hours.

Then you could try to unassing the resources from the task you want to delete.

• 6.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 30, 2014 09:13 AM

Hi Urmas,Excers

Many thanks.

I will follow the suggestion.

Regards,

Udaya

• 7.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 30, 2014 04:36 PM

OK, the timesheet has to be approved and then the hours entered are pending actuals. Just saving is not enough. With pending actuals the task cannot be deleted.

But how did you get the task ID's to be the same?

On my timesheet that was the only task, so just returning it removed the pending actual and allowed to delete the task.

• 8.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 30, 2014 11:41 PM

Hi Urmas,

Thank you again.

User has booked the time for Nov 17 to  21 and it is in submitted state now but we already closed the timesheets for 2014 and should not re-open again.In this case we can't revert those hours from this timesheet and already tasks

are under deleted tasks so just we need to make sure that tasks are not opened for time entry so that going forward no one can able to book time under it .

Due to performance issue it may be accepted be the duplicate tasks ids creation.

Advance Happy New Year.

Advance-Happy-New-Year-2015-Wishes-Greetings-Cards.jpg

Regards,

Udaya

• 9.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 30, 2014 11:45 PM

Request you to mark a post as the answer, this will help users who may face same issue.

• 10.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 31, 2014 03:39 AM

The common procedure is to open such a time period for the short time admin or PMO makes the correction and when it is made close it again. Bearing in mind to verify that nobody else did not do anything while it was open.

• 11.  Re: Not able to delete task which are duplicated and Have EAC for future month.

Posted Dec 31, 2014 06:09 PM

Great job Urmas!!!