Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

• 1.  Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 09, 2015 06:30 AM

Hello,

I'm running Clarity PPM v12 and the following workflow process is being stopped.

Has anyone come across this issue? Could you please explain what could stop this workflow. The steps to reproduce are below:

In "Programmes & Projects" section, choose a project.

Choose "properties" tab, select "control variables".

In "Generall Process", ensure both fields are set to "Not Active".

In "Gateway Process", set: "Active Task Count" and "Active Task ID" to "0".

"Current PS" = "***"

"Current RL" = "yyy"

"Current PASST" = "zzz"

"Current Other" = "admin"

in "System Values", ensure "Active" box is checked, "Template" box is unchecked and "Manager" is set to "name".

Click "Save".

Now click on "Collaboration", select "Action Items", you should see list of items with the "assigned To" field showing the Manager name, but it doesn't (below).

Adding Control Variable:

Capture 1.JPG

Result: (No action items to display)

Capture 2.JPG

Thanks

David

• 2.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 09, 2015 09:16 AM

1. The filter for the "Result: (No action items to display)" says - "Done Action Items"

2. Have you checked if the process has triggered ?

3. If yes, have you checked for any errors in the logs ?

NJ

• 3.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 09, 2015 09:47 AM

For the filter Ive also tried with "All active action items", however it still has no action items.

For the processes being triggered I checked the Process engine in Admin and the engines are stopped or cannot be determined (below).

Capture 4.JPG

Clicking into one of the engines takes into the following page. Would I need to "Configure Pipelines" or is there a way to restart the engine?

Capture 3.JPG

Many thanks

• 4.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 09, 2015 10:03 AM

"For the processes being triggered I checked the Process engine in Admin" - Instead, can you check the Processes > Initiated (tab) and check if the process has triggered or is in error or is in process ?

"Would I need to "Configure Pipelines"" - It is a good practice to have atleast 1 pipeline configured

"s there a way to restart the engine" - can you try restarting the bg ?

NJ

• 5.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 09, 2015 10:08 AM

Can you check this ?

BG engine - pipelines Total Processing Time

https://communities.ca.com/message/105260170#105260170

====================================================

Can you run the script and see if you have any orphan

select COUNT(*) from (select object_instance_id from cmn_sec_assgnd_obj_perm p
          where p.object_ID = 50680
          minus
          select ID from BPM_RUN_PROCESSES) q

====================================================

NJ

• 6.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 09, 2015 10:11 AM

Also, check if this helps (although it's for 13.0 and above) -

CA Clarity Tuesday Tip:  Process Engine icon almost always grey

https://communities.ca.com/message/99534355#99534355

NJ

• 7.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 02:16 AM

Were you able to get it to work ? If you can share the solution, would be great

NJ

• 8.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 05:11 AM

Hi,

Not yet, I'm afraid.

The process is not being triggered under the Initiated (tab). The list of processes are below (some completed and some with errors)

error 1.JPG

The following is the error message for a process

error 2.JPG

• 9.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 05:30 AM

It says "Failed to send SOAP"

Can you click on the Show Details button to check further on the error ?

NJ

• 10.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 05:39 AM

Snippet below

error 3.JPG

Thanks

• 11.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 05:50 AM

The Clarity URL seems to be empty

Can you check the URL ?

NJ

• 12.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 06:30 AM

OK.

I have looked at the config file and could not find details about Clarity URL.

Where do I look for checking the URL please?

Thanks

David

• 13.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 09:45 AM
    Check the Set Date Flag step in the process

Check the script and the URL that is being called for

NJ

• 14.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 10:05 AM

OK thanks. We have resolved this by adding the <webServer schedulerUrl="http://..." assignment in the properties.xml and the errors are resolved.

However after saving the Control Variables under Properties,  when going to "Collaboration", select "Action Items", I see no active Action Items under Action items.

Are we supposed to see list of action items appearing in the Action Items tab when saving Control Variables? I'm not sure how this should works?

Many thanks

• 15.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 10:09 AM
    Can you check the initiated process, if it is sending an action item ? Please also check the process definition, i.e., at which step the action item is sent

NJ

• 16.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 11:25 AM

Under Initiated tab I get the following process but only about an our later, so not quite sure if this relates to this workflow process.

error 4.JPG

There is following in the logs which I thought may relate to this.

DEBUG 2015-01-12 14:43:57,265 [http-80-Processor4] bpm.services (Ashleigh Street:57071644__-375b229f:calendar.project.actionItemList) ----> ActionItemHandlerImpl - Context: 6589051

DEBUG 2015-01-12 14:43:57,265 [http-80-Processor4] bpm.services (Ashleigh Street:57071644__-375b229f:calendar.project.actionItemList) ----> ActionItemHandlerImpl - Context: 6589072

ERROR 2015-01-12 14:43:57,281 [http-80-Processor4] union.persistence (Ashleigh Street:57071644__-375b229f:calendar.project.actionItemList) Undefined statement set: calendar.getActionItemStatus_set

ERROR 2015-01-12 14:43:57,281 [http-80-Processor4] functions.GetProcessObjectName (Ashleigh Street:57071644__-375b229f:calendar.project.actionItemList) Failed to retrieve status

com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceException: statementSet not found calendar.getActionItemStatus_set

at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.<init>(PersistenceController.java:251)

at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.processRequest(PersistenceController.java:220)

• 17.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 11:35 AM
    This is what I can see -

ERROR 2015-01-12 14:43:57,281 [http-80-Processor4] union.persistence (Ashleigh Street:57071644__-375b229f:calendar.project.actionItemList) Undefined statement set: calendar.getActionItemStatus_set

ERROR 2015-01-12 14:43:57,281 [http-80-Processor4] functions.GetProcessObjectName (Ashleigh Street:57071644__-375b229f:calendar.project.actionItemList) Failed to retrieve status

com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceException: statementSet not found calendar.getActionItemStatus_set

at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.<init>(PersistenceController.java:251)

at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.processRequest(PersistenceController.java:220)

NJ

• 18.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 12, 2015 11:45 AM

A thread with similar error -

https://communities.ca.com/message/2292378#2292378

Please raise a case with support as well, in case you haven't

NJ

• 19.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 14, 2015 06:05 AM

1. Did you try what "SonalVaidya" mentioned in the below post, in a non-prod env ?

https://communities.ca.com/message/2292378#2292378

"Thanks for reply I will open a case with support.      This Question is for all â€"        Has anyone encountered similar error in app-niku.log file by clicking on action item sub tab under collaboration tab in Clarity R12 Base? Since the error said “statementSet not found calendar.getActionItemStatus_setâ€? and in actionItemListPMD.xml I haven’t found any thing like this neither in sqltrace.      But when I added this statement in actionItemListPMD.xml and restart app service I am not getting this error again (just copied calendar.getActionItemsStatusList_set statement set and changed name to getActionItemStatus_set).      Any thoughts?   ~ Sonal  "

2. Were you able to check with Support on this ?

NJ

• 20.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 14, 2015 09:31 AM

Hi,

We have done further testing with the end user and the problem seems to have been resolved.

Many thanks for your help

Davit

• 21.  Re: Workflow process not working - when setting a control variable, action item is not being displayed

Posted Jan 14, 2015 10:40 AM
    Would be great if you can share your finding(s)

NJ