AnsweredAssumed Answered

Add Log Comment to CAB Console form other than Approve/Reject (SDM 12.x)

Question asked by jw1 on Jan 11, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 by derekj

The CAB would like to add a comment during the review when a CO needs additional documentation or just an acknowledgment that it was reviewed but is not yet either Approved or Rejected.

The preferences are:

1. Add a Log Comment button to the existing buttons on the order_approval_console.htmpl form which uses the existing Comments text box there.  This would allow the comment to be saved without additional pop-ups.

2. Add a Log Comment button to the existing buttons on the order_approval_console.htmpl form which pops up the alg_edit_htmpl just as the Activity by the same name.

3. Add the Log Comment to the menu bar for the form (it does not already exist).

The easiest for me would be #3 if I could find which menubar this form/role uses.  Does anyone know where this is documented?  It's not the Change Manager role when this form is displayed (There is no Activity menu available).

I've tried to create a new button for #2 using the same function call as from the Activity menu from a known working menubar:

<PDM_MACRO name=button Caption="Log Comment" Func="popupActivityWithURL('\" + query_str1 + \"LOG\" + alg_edit_htmpl + \"')" hotkey_name="Log Comment" ID=LOG>

But this causes the form to display skewed to the right and the button isn't show.

However, if I can get this working I could probably figure out how to do #1 from there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

J.W.

Outcomes