DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Re: RE: SQL Database in CA WILY

Posted Jan 14, 2015 02:56 PM

Hi Haruhiko,

I am a little confused on how to get along with Introscope integration with CA Insight Database Performance Monitor (DPM). Do I first need to install this on my SQL database and then integrate it with APM. Or I could just install Insight Bridge for CA Wily Introscope.

In this regards. How could I monitor the Dabase parameters using EPAgent?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: RE: SQL Database in CA WILY

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 03:43 PM
    There is nothing to install on the database.
    You do need your DBA to run a script to create a new read only user for the agent to remotely connect and gather stats.

• 3.  Re: RE: SQL Database in CA WILY

Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:04 PM

As I run the installed on windows where I have installed my APM. It is asking me this MDB must be installed on an accessible supported database for use by DCC.

• 4.  Re: RE: SQL Database in CA WILY
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:13 PM

If this is for CA Database Insight, please go to this community: CA Database Management Distributed (DEACTIVATED Jan2018)

If this is for CA APM DPM Lite, then we can help you here.

By the way, CA has announced the EOL for CA Database Insight. Please view the announcement on the company website or here in the communities.

• 5.  Re: RE: SQL Database in CA WILY

Posted Jan 14, 2015 04:36 PM

I want to monitor the SQL server performance metrics. I could use anything that would work.

I was trying to search for installation binaries on the support website I am only able to locate. CA Insight Database Performance Manager 11.6 - Windows 64 bit Agents

If you could help me locate the binaries for CA APM DPM I would try to install the same and get my information from there...

• 6.  Re: RE: SQL Database in CA WILY

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 15, 2015 11:46 AM

Again, can you please let us know if you're trying to install DPM Lite or full CA Database Insight product?

Did you download the agent from your APM fulfillment on the support Downloads page?

What version of APM are you using?