Service Operations Insight

SOI Tech Tips: I have multiple Spectrum connectors on one machine. Can I have different connector policies for individual connectors

• 1.  SOI Tech Tips: I have multiple Spectrum connectors on one machine. Can I have different connector policies for individual connectors

Posted Jan 19, 2015 04:40 AM

Question.

I have multiple Spectrum connectors installed on same server. As per my requirement I need to have different spectrum policies to individual connectors. How I can do it?

Solution:

• When running multiple instances of the SpectrumIM connector on a single system, by default there is only a single connector policy file which all instances of the connector are using.
    • If you want to have different policies for individual instances of the connector, you have to
      • make a copy of the spectrumim_policy.xml located in …\SOI\resources\Core\Catalogpolicy and give it a new name (lets say spectrumim_policyABC.xml)
      • in the connector configuration file spectrumim_<instance>.xml located in …\SOI\resources\Configurations adopt the information to use a different  policy

----------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ConnectorConfig ConnectorName="ambas01-I136774.ca.com">

<Silo MdrProdInstance="Spectrum-ambas01-I127737" MdrProduct="CA:00005" State="Removed" name="CA:00005_Spectrum-ambas01-I127737" uuid="25d4a1d9-01a4-42c8-9d85-94b812c76ac8">

<ImplementationClass descriptorClass="com.ca.usm.ucf.utils.USMBaseConnectorDescriptor" name="com.ca.usm.ucf.spectrum.SpectrumUCFConnector" policy="spectrumim_policyABC.xml" sbpolicy="spectrumim_policySB.xml"/>

-------------