DX NetOps

• 1.  group confusion between Spectrum and CAPC

Posted Feb 02, 2015 10:11 AM

I have numerous global collections in Spectrum that are now show up in CAPC as part of the All Groups>Inventory>Data Sources>Spectrum Infrastructure Manager>All Spectrum Global Collections> Group Name.  However while Spectrum does display the devices within the Global Collection, CAPC will just reference the group name but no devices. First question is why doesn't CAPC show  the devices within the group, and second I just cant seem to wrap my head around global collections in Spectrum and the creation of groups within CAPC.  All our CA sales rep could tell us was to create the groups in Spectrum and it with sync in CAPC and you're done  I don't want to go down the road of a bunch or duplicate groups or a bunch of confusion between Spectrum and CAPC.

Or is the groups/collection concept totally separate between Spectrum and CAPC and I can and SHOULD have distinct groups between the two? Which I suspect is the case but I'm just not sure.

• 2.  Re: group confusion between Spectrum and CAPC
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2016 02:30 PM

Hello David,

Apologies for this not having been responded to in a long time. Do your questions here remain without answers?

I think the questions here center around a key point many users miss.

While under the Data Source Inventory for an integrated Data Source like Spectrum show all Groups Spectrum has configured, its common to see what appears to be incorrect group membership when looking in CAPM vs. Spectrum.

I suspect it has to do with what devices are, or are not, synced to CAPM via the integration.

Pick a group in Spectrum that is synced to PM and seen in the Data Source Inventory for the Spectrum Data Source. Pick one that has expected membership in Spectrum but none, or incomplete members, listed in CAPM.

Now look in the CAPM Domain based GC in Spectrum devices synced to CAPM are being added to. Do all device models present in the Spectrum group, but missing from the PM representation of that group, exist in the domain based GC used to sync devices?

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: group confusion between Spectrum and CAPC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2016 02:58 PM

We believe this question has been answered, please let us know if not.