Symantec Access Management

• 1.  How to implement SAML authentication on SharePoint 2013

Posted Feb 02, 2015 06:19 PM

Hi,

Could you provide us with documentation on how to implement SAML authentication on SharePoint 2013 using SiteMinder 12.5 (optional pack) as the IDP.

regards

Praveen

• 2.  Re: How to implement SAML authentication on SharePoint 2013

Posted Feb 09, 2015 03:50 PM

PraveenPankaj

Could I request you to confirm, what is being intend when the following words are used "SiteMinder 12.5 (optional pack)".

Is it being referred to as WAOP and PSOP (a.k.a Federation Security Services)? Please confirm this.

If it indeed is Federation Security Services; my first question would be why are you not considering using the SharePointAgent Solution. The CA SharePointAgent Solution supports both SharePoint2010 and SharePoint2013. The basic crux of the CA SharePointAgent for SharePoint2010 and SharePoint2013 remains the same, with minor differences.

My second question, rather advice would be, if you are going to use Federation Security Services, then it is going to be a pretty custom solution as many of the features that are shipped with CA SharePointAgent solution are not present in Federation Security Services. Therefore you'd need to get all the pieces of the puzzle pretty much figured out by yourself to get the Solution working with Federation Security Services.

(Note : Both CA SharePointAgent and CA Federation Security Services support WSFED protocol, therefore both solution can allow for SSO to function. The Question really is ease of deploying the solution with CA SharePointAgent).

Have a look at this thread https://communities.ca.com/message/241702999#241702999 for CA SharePointAgent Solution in a nutshell.

Regards

Hubert