CA Service Management

• 1.  grloader and excel formating

Posted Feb 04, 2015 06:24 AM

Hi team,

OK, this is possibly more excel than grloader question, but I assume someone must have similar experiences

I have Excel (.xlsx) document with some CI's information. One attribute column consists of mixed string and long numbers and it should be stored as string in CMDB. Though I formated the whole column as Text in Excel, grloader still stores all the "numbers" as 2147483647 which is the longest possible integer.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,

Jakub

• 2.  Re: grloader and excel formating

Posted Feb 04, 2015 07:15 PM

Hi Jakub,

Whats the name of the field which you are trying to import string and long number?

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: grloader and excel formating

Posted Feb 05, 2015 06:02 AM

Hi Naveen,

it's custom field on nr object (z_evn STRING 255).

Jakub

• 4.  Re: grloader and excel formating
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2015 08:23 AM

Just copy and paste the whole data into a new sheet (with values only option) to clear up whole formatting. Excel can mysterious when it comes to data formatting.

Personally I usually go with CSV instead, you may try that as well if it's convenient.

• 5.  Re: grloader and excel formating

Posted Feb 05, 2015 08:01 PM

Hi,

there must be a kind of black magic involved in Excel formating - the trick to copy the sheet with values only option didn't work.

The idea of using csv files instead of XLS works perfectly without any issues - thanks for the tip.

Regards,

Jakub