Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to integrate secret questions in portal's login page in case of wrong login

Posted Feb 10, 2015 05:31 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a customer that needs to integrate a 'secret question' system to the portal,

any ideas?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: How to integrate secret questions in portal's login page in case of wrong login

Posted Feb 17, 2015 12:31 PM

Anyone able to assist Maurizio with his question?

Thank you

• 3.  Re: How to integrate secret questions in portal's login page in case of wrong login

Posted Feb 17, 2015 07:33 PM

Hi GARMA26,

I need a bit more information on that "secret question" functionality in order to assist you further, such as the following:

1. Where does the customer want to see these secret questions used? At login? At registration? While consuming a service in order to get an API key? Etc...
    2. What kind of secret questions would be involved? Pre-chosen questions (where did you go to high school, etc.) where the customer can enter their own answers? Custom questions and custom answers? Auto-generated?
    3. How will this be used exactly? For accessing certain pages in the API Portal? For registration and password recovery for users? For access to a service / API?

There is an existing feature request filed as ADP-1146 (filed just a few weeks before this, so perhaps from the relevant customer) which describes the following steps of what the customer wants to achieve:

1. The API developer uses his portal account credentials to access a service(configured in API Portal)
    2. The developer provides his application key
    3. The service provides the application secret back to the developer. (based on Access Control Rules in API Portal user store)

If the above sounds like the definition of what your customer is wanting to achieve, then I can add their name to the list (if it isn't already on it).

At this moment, there isn't quite enough information to go forward with, so the answers to the questions above and anything else will be quite helpful for proceeding further. Ultimately, if it isn't the existing feature request above, then with the information you provide me soon, I can determine if it is a new feature request needing to be created, or if there exists a way to do it already. It all depends on exactly what the customer is hoping to achieve.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, CA Technologies

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - http://www.ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx

• 4.  Re: How to integrate secret questions in portal's login page in case of wrong login

Posted Feb 26, 2015 03:54 AM

Hello Dustin

I am sorry that I did not reply before, as you well know we are strolled from one escalation to another

Sorry for not being clearer on this,

the application of this secret question is very simple:

it is that kind of thing that you see when you also register in other websites where they ask you what is your mother's maiden name, or what is your favourite pet or other such things and you have to set them.

they do not care much on the nature of the questions, although knowing the customer they will turn around and ask that they can set those questions.

Then, if you login incorrectly for x times in a row or you have forgotten the password to login, then the system will ask for those answers

I hope this makes more sense

Maurizio

• 5.  Re: How to integrate secret questions in portal's login page in case of wrong login
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2015 02:39 PM

Hi GARMA26,

Thank you for the update. I understand what is needed at this point. Unfortunately, this is currently not a feature in the API Developer Portal.

A feature request has been submitted and is under review by our development team. It will be carefully considered when implementing new features.

This feature request was filed as ADP-1186.

For your reference, the development incident number is always noted in the release notes of every version that is released, including its minor updates, so that you can confirm when a fix or new feature has been implemented from your request.

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey

Support Engineer, CA Technologies

Email: API-Support@ca.com

Phone: +1 800 225 5224

Outside of North America - http://www.ca.com/us/worldwide.aspx