AnsweredAssumed Answered

Message syntax in Send Email Operator

Question asked by CyanX on Feb 11, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 by CyanX

I am currently using the Send Email Operator to send an email telling an Authorized Individual that they have a task to approve. The email simply states "Click here to respond to your task", where "here" is a hyperlink to the task. Code is below:

'Click <a href="' + getOrchestratorURL() + 'itpam?ROID=' + Process.Assign_User_Task_1_1.TaskID + '&page=replytask">here</a> to respond to your task.'

I am now trying to modify the message to add the customer's name and department, which are being stored as variables. I can't seem to find the proper syntax, to enter into the Message box. I've used different combos of single quotes, double quotes and no quotes, to no avail. Below are a few of the options I've tried, but I either get a "not a valid expression" in PAM, or it processes, but the email says something like "Click here to respond to your task for +Process.CustName+ ( + Process.Get_Object_1.RetrievedObjects[0].costCenterDescription + )."

"Click <a href="' + getOrchestratorURL() + 'itpam?ROID=' + Process.Assign_User_Task_1_1.TaskID + '&pag0e=replytask">here</a> to respond to your task for +Process.CustName+ ( +Process.Get_Object_1.RetrievedObjects[0].costCenterDescription+)."

'Click <a href="' + getOrchestratorURL() + 'itpam?ROID=' + Process.Assign_User_Task_1_1.TaskID + '&page=replytask">here</a>'to respond to your task for' +Process.CustName+ '(' +Process.Get_Object_1.RetrievedObjects[0].costCenterDescription+').'

'Click <a href="' + getOrchestratorURL() + 'itpam?ROID=' + Process.Assign_User_Task_1_1.TaskID + '&page=replytask">here</a> to respond to your task for +Process.CustName+ (

+ Process.Get_Object_1.RetrievedObjects[0].costCenterDescription + ).'

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Outcomes